Smarky is the bookmarks manager for Safari bookmarks which is compatible with Apple's iCloud. After installing Smarky on a Mac, and enabling iCloud syncing, you can have alphabetized and organized Safari bookmarks on all of your Apple devices.
What is new in this release:
Fixed a bug which, under some conditions, caused Chrome, Canary or Chromium to churn all bookmarks, which then caused the next import to report that all bookmarks had been changed, which usually triggered, falsely, a Safe Sync Limit error. (The churn in this case was changing the hidden unique identifying numbers. One of the known conditions triggering this bug was that the browser was not running in the target user profile during the export, and that the number of bookmarks was fairly small, so that the highest identifying number among the “Mobile Bookmarks”, which our apps ignore, was greater than the highest identifying number among the exported bookmarks”.)
Adds sync_transaction_version key with value 2 if it is not present.
No longer escapes forward slashes when writing the file.
In all bookmarks and folderss, adds an “add date” value if one is not present.
What is new in version 1.22.35:
- Fixed bugs affecting large exports to Firefox while Firefox while Firefox was running, which could result in extraneous errors and, in one case, a crash.
- Fixed a bug, recently introduced with version 323 of our Firefox extension, which causes import/exports while Firefox is running to fail in Firefox profiles which the user has renamed since the profile was originally created. (The fix, is in the main application; this version does not update our Firefox extension.)
- Google accounts from the OS X keychain are no longer listed in the New Document wizard, the File > Import/Export to only submenus, or the popups in the Settings > Clients tab. (Google made the keychain items useless a couple years ago, so that we now identify Google accounts by user-supplied nickname anyhow, and removingt these fixes the issue of users with too many Google accounts overflowing the screen during the New Document wizard.)
- Fixed a bug which could cause a crash after adding a new Client and exporting for the first time.
What is new in version 1.22.31:
Version 1.22.31 contains a new version 322 of our Firefox extension, which fixes sporadic crashing of Firefox.
What is new in version 1.22.25:
- When dragging, copying or pasting bookmark names and URLs to other applications, duplicates no longer appear, even if bookmarks and their parent folders are selected.
- Fixed a bug which caused some of the popup menus in Preferences > Syncing to indicate a different setting than the actual default setting which was active, until the first time that a new user changed them.
- In Inspector, first item in popup menus Sort this folder? and Visit item with now correctly indicate Use settings from Preferences instead of Use Document Default Settings (which is correct for BookMacster).
- The Help Book now has a section explaining how to recover from Safe Sync Limit errors 3011 and 3012, linked to from the error dialogs, and cross-linked to the topic of Safe Sync Limit .
- When an import from or export to Safari is being delayed to wait for updates by iCloud, the explanation shown in the status bar now gives a more reliable indication of when the process is almost done.
- Fixed memory leak in Content View.