Smart Chinese Reader is a free program to help people read and learn Chinese. Its advantages can be boiled down into two points:
1. Built-in web browser: Smart Chinese Reader offers a built-in web browser with popup Chinese dictionary on mouseover. Users can read any Chinese web pages easily now, simply hover mouse over a Chinese word to pull up its definition right on the page. Smart Chinese Reader will let you know more about China, make foreigners' life and work easier in China. With the unique built-in web browser, you can search baidu.com for any Chinese information, browse qq.com for news, visit taobao.com or jd.com for shopping, 12306.com to buy railway tickets, 58.com to find local merchants and service providers, jiayuan.com or baihe.com or ylike.com to date Chinese boys/girls.
2. Deep reading: Users can select a section in a web page and study it in depth with more learning aids of Smart Chinese Reader, including segmented text, part of speech tagging, full-sentence translation, full-sentence pronunciation, example sentences, HSK ranking, and review. Smart Chinese Reader is also a great help for Chinese learning.
What is new in this release:
Improved the built-in web browser.
What is new in version 3.0:
Version 3.0 adds a built-in Web browser.
What is new in version 2.1:
Version 2.1: known word list grouped by HSK levels.
What is new in version 2.0:
Known word list grouped by HSK levels.
What is new in version 1.8:
- Increase the speed;
- An advanced view of the text is added;
- Popup dictionary;
- Statistics and color notation of HSK levels;
- Resizable window.
What is new in version 1.7:
- 1. Chinese-English phrase mapping. While moving the mouse over each phrase in a Chinese sentence, the corresponding phrase in the English sentence is highlighted, and vice versa.
- 2. Color part of speech notation. Parts of speech (POS) of Chinese words in a sentence are marked with colors.
What is new in version 1.5:
Version 1.5 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.