Sound Mill is an audio player, manager, and automation tool for sound design. It allows you to play multiple audio files simultaneously with one button click for theater production scenes. Each sound can be timed to play at a precise instant to create an intricate soundscape. The audio files can reside on your computer hardrive, local network, or can even be sourced from the Web, such as an Internet radio site. Cross-Fade music playlists by a simple mode setting. The Auto-Fade-In/Out feature can automatically fade-in music on Play/Resume, and fade-out on Stop/Pause. In Retail Environments and Event Venues, you can pipe playlists of music and have the music interrupted with recorded announcements (sales promotions, event dates). These announcements can be played at regular timed intervals or inserted after a number of music track play. Time of day announcements (ex. "Store is closing in 10 minutes.") can be scheduled to play at exact time of day. Stand-up performers can use a wireless remote control device to control play of sound cues and music tracks that accompany their act. The Easy Player is also well suited as a touch screen tablet interface. Haunted Mansion Walk-throughs can pipe music and sounds to multiple zones (rooms), each zones with its own sound tracks.
What is new in this release:
Version 3.23: DSP effects added: Reverb, Volume Wave, Fuzz, Echo, and Pitch Shifter.
What is new in version 3.21:
New enhancements to the IPC support added to coordinate with instances of the program on other networked computers. Includes new IPC commands.
What is new in version 3.20:
Easy Player feature improvements. Added Support for HTTPS (secure http) media sources.
What is new in version 3.19:
What is new in version 3.18:
Version 3.18: User Interface Enhancements - Improved input error checking/handling to several input dialogs.
What is new in version 3.17:
Version 3.17: Play Position Time Readout Enhanced - Toggle playback time readout between Current Playback Time Position or Time Remaining. Media Information acquired - A new acquisition method is now used which is much faster and reads file ID3 tags (Title, Track number). This will be especially noticeable when adding a large number of media files. Can now sort the Sound List by Track number.
What is new in version 3.16:
Version 3.16: Music playlists can now cross-fade one track into the next for smooth audio transition.
What is new in version 3.14:
- Enhancements to the Auto-Fade In/Out feature.
- Enhancements to the Automation Manager and Scheduler.
- Additional support for streaming media sources.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes.
What is new in version 3.11:
- New feature - Automator Step Advance functions are added for scripts (playlists). These functions provide much finer control of Step execution when operating the Automator manually (ex. DJ operation). Includes: Play Step (repeats current Step), Previous Step, Jump to Step, First Step, Last Step and Run Script at Step(x). - Miscellaneous minor enhancements and bug fixes.
What is new in version 3.10:
- New feature - Scheduler - Start At Program Startup, this option auto-starts the Scheduler when the program starts. - New feature - Restart Scheduler Daily At [Time] option, Scheduler will auto-restart each new day at a time you specify. Rebuilds the daily Scheduler Plan, then restarts the Scheduler. Useful for unattended operation past midnight. - New feature - Program Start-Up by Batch File is available including passing parameters to: 1) Open a Sound List file; 2) To run an automation Script; 3) To open a Playlist on start-up. This facilitates auto startup when you boot up a computer.
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or 4.5 Client Profile (or Full .Net Framework 4), Microsoft Windows Media Player 11
20-minute sessions, save-disabled.