SteerMouse is an advanced utility for USB and Bluetooth mice. It also supports Apple Mighty Mouse very well. SteerMouse can assign various functions to buttons that Apple's software does not allow, including double-clicks, modifier clicks, application switching, assignment of shortcut keys, "snap to" cursor movement, which moves the cursor to target (such as an OK button), and more. SteerMouse lets you control the cursor's Sensitivity on top of the Tracking Speed. (Apple's software only allows adjustment for the Tracking Speed.) By adjusting both configurations, you can customize the ideal setting for the cursor to fit the movements of your hand.
What is new in this release:
- "Auto Scroll" now supports trakballs; assign Scroll/Auto (Trackball) to a button and press it; the ball on your trackball works as a scroll ball.
What is new in version 5.0b28:
- Problem solved where keyboard shortcuts would not work with some applications.
- Problem solved where scroll of built-in trackpads would be intermittent.
What is new in version 5.0b21:
- Improved identifying Adobe applications. They are considered the same even if they have a different version. You need to leave only one version if you have registered other versions.
What is new in version 5.0b19:
- Problem solved where a modifier key assigned to a button would not affect to other keyboards.
- Problem solved where SteerMouse 4 would cause an error.
- Improved compatibility with Smart Scroll. (Thx, Marc!)
What is new in version 4.2.6:
What is new in version 4.2.5:
What is new in version 4.2.4:
What is new in version 4.2.3:
- Now supports the side wheel.
- Problem solved where the double click would not work on OS X 10.10.3.
- Problem solved where the Dock would not respond to the mouse cursor on certain mice.
What is new in version 4.2.2:
- Problem solved where the Cursor Automatic Moving and mouse buttons would stop working.
What is new in version 4.2.1:
- Problem solved where the Cursor Automatic Moving would not work.
Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility and grant access to the "SteerMouse Manager" after upgrading.
- Problem solved where the correct key would not be registered on the Input Shortcut Key.
You can try SteerMouse for 30 days without any limitations.