StockXloader 4 is a native Mac OS X application for fully automated downloading of stock market quotes and indexes from Yahoo! Finance to the technical analysis program ProTA or ProTA Gold from BeeSoft (http://beesoft.net), or to MS Excel or iWork Numbers, or you can drag & drop a file onto some other application.
Get historical quotes, or get "snapshots" of the latest price values for today (delayed intraday values) to build your own database of ticker symbols containing historical quotes for the open/high/low/close of each day, plus current-day snapshots. You can get data for any stock exchange in the world that Yahoo! Finance carries quotes for.
StockXloader 4 keeps track of the last date you got quote values, and it does that individually for every ticker symbol, so the next time you download, it will fetch quotes starting after that date; if a particular symbol lags, StockXloader will pick up where it was left last time. You can see in your ticker list the last date and time, individually for each symbol, displayed according to your local time zone and in your language's format.
It is fully optimized for Retina Macs with high-resolution graphics and text. Compatible with OS X 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, 10.7 Lion and 10.6 Snow Leopard. A full and completely uncrippled version of StockXloader 4 can be tried out for evaluation up to 60 days!
Security: StockXloader 4 is signed with an Apple Developer ID certificate, so the Gatekeeper in Mountain Lion and later will check this cryptographic signature and find that this software comes from an identified developer, and has not been modified on the way to you.
What is new in this release:
- You can now move the folder that contains your ticker lists and temporary items to a location of your choice. It could e.g be Dropbox if you want to have all files synchronized between two computers.
- Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite compatibility: Because of changes in Yosemite in how it treats background processes, StockXloader 4.1 will halt indefinitely when it has downloaded all items. Version 4.2 of StockXloader solves that in a robust and backward compatible way.
- Mac OS X 10.10 brings several changes to the graphics and the layout of buttons and size requirements of text fileds etcetera. StockXloader 4.2 has been adapted to make it fully compatible, avoiding any clipping of graphical or textual items etcetera.
- Mac OS X 10.9.5 and Mac OS X 10.10 brings new security requirements where Gatekeeper no longer accepts applications signed in Mac OS X 10.8. StockXloader 4.2 supports the new requirements.
- Some improvements in error reporting.
- In the Download Controller, sorting on the number of symbols is now correctly done.
- Minor adjustments in the language settings for the Yahoo links and in the resulting links so as to adapt them to recent changes at Yahoo.
60-day trial, but with full uncrippled functionality