Surround SCM brings enterprise-level configuration management to teams of all sizes. With data storage in industry-standard relational databases, caching proxy servers for fast distributed development, shelving, file-level workflow, seamless IDE integrations, and incredibly flexible branching and labeling capabilities, Surround SCM delivers complete control over the software change process.
What is new in this release:
- Integration with Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2012, 2013, and 2015 for issue tracking. Requires downloading a plug-in from Seapine's web site.
- File descriptions can now be passed to third-party diff/merge utilities.
- The Surround SCM JDeveloper plug-in is now included in the list of updates for new versions of the IDE. Requires downloading a plug-in from JDeveloper.
- Upgraded to Guiffy 11.5.
- Regional settings are now applied to file sizes and float custom field values.
- Version information is now included in the Surround SCM macOS application bundle. (Desktop)
- Improved error reporting if the Surround SCM Server is not available when using the Surround SCM Visual Studio Integration Provider.
- Closing all Source View windows and then restarting the Surround SCM Client restored all previously closed windows. (Desktop)
- An empty Information window opened when in SDI mode after upgrading the Surround SCM Client. (Desktop)
- An empty Information window opened when switching between MDI and SDI mode. (Desktop)
- The Window menu was not always displayed when starting the Surround SCM macOS Client for the first time. (Desktop)
- Username and passwords were not always saved when using third-party issue tracking integrations. (Desktop)
- Internet Explorer 11 crashed when viewing a file with thousands of lines of text. (Web)
- UTF-8 characters were removed from the names of files downloaded from Surround SCM Web. (Web)
- A database error was returned when changing the scope of a label from a mainline branch to a specific branch.
- The 'Group by secondary sort column' option on the history and list report Output tab was enabled when the 'Group by primary sort column' option was not selected. (Desktop)
- Secondary sorting on columns was not saved in history reports. (Desktop)
- Moving the splitter in the Code Review window caused a visual judder. (Desktop)
- Flags on historical file versions were not written to the database when rolling back a promote or rebase.
- No results were displayed when analyzing and repairing a database if the background analyze process started slowly.
- Some Surround SCM actions were not available when using the Eclipse integration on macOS.
- NetBeans on Linux crashed when using the Surround SCM plug-in and recursively checking in a folder.
- The project path could be displayed instead of the project name in the Solution/Project column in the Surround SCM Connection Settings dialog box when using the Surround SCM Visual Studio Integration Provider.
- Columns in the Surround SCM Connection Settings dialog box were not resizable when using the Surround SCM Visual Studio Integration Provider.
- Hidden .MySCMServerInfo files where not ignored during check out in some scenarios when using the Surround SCM Visual Studio Integration Provider.
- Support for Hudson has been discontinued. Surround SCM will likely still work with Hudson, but it is not officially supported.
What is new in version 2016.0:
Review the release notes at http://www.seapine.com/surround-scm/release-notes for information about new features, enhancements, bug fixes,
What is new in version 2015.1.1:
Review the release notes at http://www.seapine.com/surround-scm/release-notes for information about new features, enhancements, and bug fixes.
What is new in version 2015.0.2:
- Support for PostgreSQL 9.4.
- Status was displayed as 'unknown' for files with a colon in the name on Linux.
- An error was returned when viewing differences from the History dialog box for a file with a different path between two branches. (Native)
What is new in version 2013.1.1:
Please view the Surround SCM release notes for a list of all changes.