System TuneUp is a collection of tools to optimize your Windows PC performance. With System TuneUp, you can: Remove unneeded files from your disk and regain disk space. Fix errors in Windows Registry. Ensure Your by removing your internet browser history and cookies. Erase the usage-history for over 300 third-party applications. Secure your PC by making data recovery impossible. Eliminate duplicate files and folders. Control the items that start with Windows. Easy backup and restore of Windows Registry. Compact and rebuild Windows registry. Easily manage Windows System Restore Points. Uninstall applications easily and quickly. Detailed analysis of your disk or drive contents.
What is new in this release:
What is new in version 5.0:
- Added Microsoft Edge browser support. Clears Cache, Cookies, Recently Typed URLs, Saved Form Information (while cleaning Internet Explorer).
- Improved startup time.
- 'Clean System Registry' modified to be compatible with Windows 10.
- Option to disable wipe skipping files on SSDs. Wipe files will not delete files on SSDs. Previously it deleted the files without wiping if on SSD.
- Improved Firefox Local Storage cleaning, Session cleaning and password cleaning.
- Improved Chrome Session cleaning and cache cleaning.
- Improved Opera Cookie cleaning and Session cleaning.
- Added and updated several plug-ins.
- Fixed issues in Auto Start Manager related to checking invalid entries in Windows 10.
- Fixed Auto Start Manager UI freeze on Win10 when selecting 'All'.
- Fixed startup speed in Disk Analysis tool on some systems without a physical floppy drive, but that is still enabled in the BIOS.
- Modified the 'Registry Compactor' tool for Windows 10.
- Added options in the installer to enable/disable some entries for system TuneUp in the Windows Explorer context menu.
- Added context menu option to open the folder of an item in 'Clean System Registry' tool.
- 'Registry Backup' (RegBak) is now compatible with Windows 10. Added option to backup the 'DRIVERS' hive.
- Added 'Cancel' button in the 'Disk Analysis' scan progress window.
- Added some High DPI themes for systems with font size set to more than 150 dpi.
- Added a new progress bar style.
What is new in version 4.8:
- 'Erase Your History' default settings now includes option to clear the Chrome browser history.
- Fixed an issue in the Cookie Manager where user was not able to delete ALL cookies.
- Fixed an issue in the Cookie Manager where user was not able to uncheck some cookies like "google.com".
- Removed au32.exe file.
- Modified the cleaning process for Firefox to include session backups.
- Added progress indicator for 'Maintenance Wizard' and 'Erase Your History'.
- Updated history cleaning for Opera browser v26.
What is new in version 4.7:
- 'Erase Your History' tool now clears WebCache (Cache, History and Cookies) of Internet Explorer version 10 and above.
- Improved the check for Internet Explorer running in the background before erasing history.
- Internet browser history cleaning now supports Orbitum, Superbird, BlackHawk and Cyberfox browsers.
- 'Cookie Manager' now excludes some cookies of popular sites by default if no cookies are excluded by the user.
- Cookie Cleaning is enabled by default.
- Secure deletions now does not apply to files if they are in an SSD. Instead a normal delete is done for such files. This applies to 'Wipe Recycle Bin', 'Securely Delete Files' tool and the wiping of files by 'Erase Your History'. 'Wipe Free Space' tool will not wipe the free disk space, but will wipe file slack space and deleted entries from MFT.
- Modified some plug-ins.
- Added plug-ins for cleaning 'Adobe Premiere Elements'.
- When checking for update, System TuneUp notifies the user about license renewal if his current license has expired.
What is new in version 4.6:
Version 4.6 added more checks in shortcut cleaner scanning; revamped Find Duplicate Files. Some cleaning functions in Erase History securely wiped data even if the option was to just delete--fixed it. Fixed error in listing of Firefox LocalStorage Cookies. Added several new plug-ins and updated some. Added option to clean indexed databases in Chrome and Firefox. Added option to clean favicons database in Chrome. Updated cleaning for Opera 24. Cookie Manager indicates which browsers have cookies present for a given URL. Added option to remove Site Preferences in Firefox which can save some history of visited URLs. Added progress indicator in the taskbar while cleaning/analyzing in History Cleaner. Now cleans other user's internet explorer cookies while deleting history. Fixed freezing up of UI in Uninstaller Manager when certain strings are encountered. Updated ignore lists. Updated Registry Backup tool.