SystemLoad is a diagnostic application assisting you in the detection of cooling or power supply problems with Apple Macintosh computers. The tool can put a user-definable load onto one or more processors. This can help in diagnosing the following issues:
- problems with the cooling system or temperature sensors
- problems with chirping noise experienced on some G5 systems and some portable computers
- problems with battery units of portable computers
When desired, the tool can put the processor(s) under the maximum load possible, generating the highest possible temperatures and highest load on the power supply. You so can verify if all components (CPUs, sensors, cooling subsystem, power supply unit, battery unit) are working correctly when they are pushed to their design limits. No installation is required, no administrator permissions are needed, nothing is changed in the operating system.
What is new in this release:
- Minor changes to ensure compliance with the latest OS X software design guidelines.
- The reference manual uses a new design.