Tankan promotes memorization by through repeated testing and review. It has a carefully-designed, simple user interface whose goal is to allow the student to get through large batches of characters in the shortest possible time. Tankan is loaded with flexible kanji selection methods and other features that are exactly what the kanji learner needs.
What is new in this release:
- Improved identification of confused kanji.
- Several fixes in the behavior of filter UI so that it is predictable and intuitive at all times.
- Wording changes in the user interface and more toolitips.
- Revised user guide, with clearer formatting that matches the program's theme.
- Fixed formatting issue that could cause the layout of questions in a "Retest Wrongs" test to be strangely sloppy instead of neatly grid-like.
What is new in version 2.00.0400:
- Reduced memory requirement and slightly smaller installer.
- Support for 64 bit Windows.
- Kanji radicals have mouseover tooltips showing English meanings.
90-minute run time trial