Tapes is a screencast app living in your menu bar. Select part of the screen, record up to 3 minutes of video and instantaneously get a share link.
Don't type a long email to your team with static screenshots, use Tapes to show them what you accomplished. Don't describe over the phone how to add a printer to your parents' Mac, send them a tape so they can see for themselves.
Tapes is simple to use and super fast. There is no waiting for the upload, the link is added to your clipboard immediately so you can share it over instant message, email or via Twitter.
What is new in this release:
This release fixes an issue with tapes not uploading correctly on Mac OS X 10.8. After recording your tape and going to the URL you'd see the "Waiting for Connection" message. This is now fixed and we're very sorry for the trouble it has caused!
Here are a few new features to make up for it:
- Recent Tapes list is now synced through iCloud.
- Added the usage pane showing exactly how much longer you can record.
- Added the ability to delete accidentally uploaded tapes. Click a particular tape in the Recent Tapes list to get a delete button on the share page.
- Added a referral system where if you invite a friend to download Tapes, you'll both get 15 more minutes to record per month (requires iCloud).
- Mute setting is now remembered between recording.