TextPipe Pro is a text-processing utility that combines 270+ conversion, transformation, extraction, and report mining operations on multiple text or binary files. Update Web sites using multi-line EasyPattern search, replace, and new Unicode find and replace with patterns. Restrict changes to line or column ranges, XML and HTML tags and attributes, CSV- or tab-delimited fields, lines that match or do not match a pattern and combinations of these (for example find and replace just inside the ALT text of an IMG tag, or columns 20-40 of lines 1-10). Data mine mainframe reports, and convert foreign computer systems files between mainframe EBCDIC fixed-length formats and DOS, Macintosh, and UNIX line-feed formats. Convert between Unicode formats and 150+ other text encodings such as Japanese Shift-JIS and Chinese BIG5. Filters can split or join files, add or remove lines or columns, remove blanks from the start or end of each line.
Ultra-fast matrix (parallel) search replace can replace 600,000 different phrases in a 48MB in less than 30 seconds.
What is new in this release:
Faster search/replace, UI find/replace improvements, better installer.
What is new in version 9.9:
- Split filters can now cope with Unicode filenames.
- New Tools Menu item to search your filters for a piece of text. Perfect for finding filters in a large filter list.
- New Replace options - replace (or skip) rest of folder. Great for websites and other hierarchical structures.
- New command line option /EXPORT= to output a UTF-8 text representation of the filter. From here it can be compared using a diff utility or stored under source code control. Very useful for comparing two similar filters to see what exactly has changed, e.g. to generate exports for all filters in the current folder: FOR %f IN (c:folder*.fll) DO "c:Program Files (x86)DataMysticTextPipeTextPipe.exe" /HIDDEN "/f=%f" "/EXPORT=%f.txt"(In a .BAT file, remember to use %%f instead of %f).
What is new in version 9.7.3:
- Removed warning about active COM objects. This is used by programmers
who automate TextPipe to do cool text processing.
- Fixed bug in Remove lines matching perl pattern.