TotalSpaces provides several handy features for heavy Spaces users. In a way it brings back the old grid-based Spaces behavior we loved in Snow Leopard. It offers custom transitions when switching Spaces. For example featuring the famous Cube transition. And of course you may customize hotkeys, hotcorners and the way circulation through the grid works. Sounds good? Look into the documentation to get more info on individual features in the current version.
What is new in this release:
- Full compatability with OSX Yosemite (GM).
- Notification graphic now dismisses correctly when Sticky Keys is on.
- Layout of preferences in other languages than English.
- Fixed some German translations.
- Fixed possible crash in app preferences.
- Corrected background of dashboard space under Yosemite in the overview grid.
- TotalSpaces2 is now packaged in a dmg and no longer needs to run the installer each time it is updated.
- Better prevention of switchbacks caused by slow to activate apps.
- System generated space changes are now reported to apps that use the API.
What is new in version 2.0.17:
NEW: Compatability with Mavericks 10.9.2.
FIXED: Changing dock defaults plus restarting Dock.app should no longer confuse TotalSpaces2.
FIXED: You can no longer swipe between desktops whilst the screen is locked.
IMPROVED: It is no longer possible to add an arbitary number of rows in layout preferences.
FIXED: Possible hang in Dock due to deadlock when rendering application icons in the overview grid.
IMPROVED: Should TotalSpaces notice that Dock appears to be hung it will recover by restarting it.
NEW: Option to include pre-releases of TotalSpacecs2 in your auto-updates.
FIXED: Activating the overview grid via a top hotcorner in fullscreen mode no longer causes the grid to immediately cancel.
NEW: Adds Chinese mandarin and Taiwanese localizations.
FIXED: Windows no longer disappear from the overview grid when the desktop background changes if spaces spans displays mode is turned on.
NEW: Command line setting to only recognise space change hotkeys if the modifier keys on the right side of the keyboard are used.
defaults write com.binaryage.TotalSpaces2 rightSideDirectionModifierKeysOnly YES
FIXED: Moving Word windows using the Move window hotkey now works better.