TotalTerminal is a plugin for Terminal.app. It provides persistent Visor Window which slides down when you press a hot-key. Remember Quake Console? You can trigger Visor Window with your hot-key from any application to get an instant terminal session. To hide Visor Window, you can either re-trigger with your key-combo or click off the TotalTerminal window.
What is new in this release:
- It is newly possible to resize active Terminal window using hotkeys CMD+OPT+ARROWS (see the Window menu).
- Visor sliding is newly implemented via animation groups instead of using an active loop (sliding is smooth even if you press hot-key during animation to reverse it).
- When activating the visor window via a hot-key, the keyboard focus is transferred to Terminal.app as the first operation (this can help prevent rare problem of missing a quick keystroke after activating the hot-key).
- Prevent pulsing/flashing of scrollbars after sliding the visor window.
- Keyboard shortcut recording has relaxed conflicts detection. User is warned but has newly an option to set conflicting shortcut anyway.
- Additionally global keyboard shortucs which are disabled are no longer treated as conflicting shortcuts by TotalTerminal.