Available since 1989, TypeIt4Me is the original text expander for Mac OS. Anytime you enter text in your Mac by typing it at the keyboard, TypeIt4Me can help you do it faster and more accurately. First you define a number of abbreviations and the full text (or picture) clippings that they represent, then you watch the Mac expand them on the fly even as you continue typing.
What is new in this release:
This is a minor update for the time being to prepare the ground for a more substantial revamp we plan to release later this year in celebration of a major milestone in TypeIt4Me's long-running development. It addresses some bugs and should stabilise performance. More importantly, it smoothes over a few wrinkles you may have encountered with regard to activating accessibility in the Security & Privacy system preferences after upgrading to Mavericks and / or Yosemite. We have taken the opportunity to clear up some potential confusion by applying the same version number to both the shareware app available directly from us and its Mac App Store sibling. As before, both versions offer exactly the same feature set, with the sole exception being that the Mac App Store incarnation (as denoted by the appended 'i') also supports iCloud syncing of snippets across devices. We would of course love to be able to offer this in both versions, but iCloud support is only possible in apps sold on the Mac App Store, as per Apple's policy.
What is new in version 5.3.2:
- Fixed "missing file" where you should instead see "do not expand" or "expand using..." in the Applications tab of Preferences.
- Added the missing US flag when selecting AutoCorrect with US locale (the Union Jack was already there for British locale users).
- Fixed cursor positioning in snippets including date/time.
- Fixed bug when saving changes with filter on.
- Fixed issue where adding a snippet to a set in iCloud would cause the focus to be lost or jump to the wrong snippet.
- Fixed issue where when trying to insert a clipping within another clipping (via the insert menu at the bottom right), nothing was available to insert. (The "clipping" menu was empty.)
- Fixed converting a plain text, tab delimited file to TypeIt4Me format.
- Fixed an issue related to the snippets file not being in its correct location (Sets folder inside TypeIt4Me's Application Support folder).