With USB network Gate you will never experience any issues accessing and using the USB devices that are plugged into remote computers. You can work with those devices as if they were physically connected to your local machine. All that is needed to do for that is install USB Network Gate on the computer with USB device physically attached (server) and on the computer where you want to use this device (client). USB Network Gate will do all the rest. No additional hardware needed.
By intercepting USB port activity of a shared USB device and redirecting it via TCP/IP network USB Network Gate lets you access your printer, scanner, web-cam, USB dongle or any other supported USB device from your home PC or office laptop anywhere any time.
BTW you can choose whether Linux or Windows machine will be a client or a server. Not only this software allows accessing USB devices over Ethernet, but it's also suitable for servers and workstations virtualization. I.e. it will help you access and use local USB devices in a virtual session. Thanks to USB Network Gate you can easily work with USB devices on guest OS of such virtual environments as VMware ESX, Citrix XenDesktop, Microsoft Hyper-V, Windows Virtual PC. USB Network Gate also allows you to integrate its useful functionality into your own software (OEM licensing).Since version 7.0 USB Network Gate supports ICA protocol by Citrix.
What is new in this release:
- Added: full support for Windows 10
- Added: per-session USB device isolation. Allows assigning a particular USB device to a particular user, which is extremely useful in multi-user environment. Currently available for USB flash drives and USB cameras in test mode
- Added: support for ICA protocol. USB devices plugged into a thin client appear in a remote session over ICA.
- Added: new sharing option allowing remote clients to be disconnect from the shared USB device by other clients
- Added: USB port location can be shown in device description for better identification of similar USB devices
- Added: new functions for the OEM users:
- Added: support for Allen-Bradley controllers by Rockwell
- Improved: client part of USB Network Gate can be installed separately
- Improved: support for USB Bluetooth adapters, including better detection and correct name display
- Much improved: compression methods
- Much improved: transfer speed for USB Flash drives
- Improved: better visualization for USB devices in the devices tree
- Improved: authorization is not lost if sharing parameters are changed on the go, unless TCP port is changed
- Fixed: issue when virtual devices were not properly removed from Device Manager
What is new in version 6.2.680:
- Added: compatibility with upcoming Eltima product - FlexiHub
- Improved: data transfer speed when the client machine is behind NAT
- Numerous improvements and fixes.