Virtual Audio Cable is intended to connect several audio applications together in real time. It's like a sound card with hardwired input and output: when an application sends an audio stream to a virtual cable, other applications can record this stream from the other cable end. Thus, you can record and process output of almost any audio application by almost any other audio application.
What is new in this release:
- Added KSEVENT_PINCAPS_FORMATCHANGE event support.
- Replaced source line summer with a multiplexer.
- Added recording side volume control.
- Added cable information window with stream information list.
- Added event log feature.
- Fixed some bugs in KS version of Audio Repeater.
- Added some options and useful information display to KS version of Audio Repeater.
- Added MMCSS task registration to Audio Repeater to control thread priority.
- Fixed a bug in resuming the streaming after sleep/hibernation.
- Added Ctrl-C support in Audio Repeater "Wave in" and "Wave out" fields to copy device name to the clipboard.
- Increased small buffer movement uniformity between VAC driver and applications.
What is new in version 4.14:
- Fixed a bug caused playback at higher speed.
- Added a workaround for PortCls bug (GetMaxMapRegisters function) causing position freezing.
- Fixed a bug caused signal level to be painted over the header in Control Panel application.
- Added stream buffer control to minimize overflows/underflows.
- Added button to restart System Audio Engine.
- Now filter volume/mute nodes always report 8-channel support.