Welcome Windows 10 to Your Mac
VMware Fusion 8 makes Windows 10 feel right at home on your Mac. Whether you're doing a fresh install for that brand new operating system experience, migrating your Windows 10 PC, or upgrading your Windows 7 or 8 virtual machines, VMware Fusion gives you the best of both worlds.
Run familiar Windows applications side-by-side with your favorite Mac applications, and seamlessly share files and folders between Windows and Mac. Take advantage of the latest features in Windows 10 like Cortana, the Microsoft speech-enabled virtual assistant, or run the all new Edge web browser alongside Safari.
Fusion 8 supports all versions of Windows 10, including Home, Pro, Enterprise and Education editions. Customers can easily upgrade their Windows 7 or 8 virtual machines to Windows 10 within VMware Fusion 8.
What is new in this release:
New features and improvements in several areas including:
- Windows 10
- Ready for OS X El Capitan
- All New Enhanced Graphics Engine with DirectX 10 and OpenGL 3.3
- 65% OpenGL Performance improvement and 15% DirectX 9 Performance improvement
- Built for the latest Macs including the iMac Retina 5K
- Native vCloud Air integration
- $600 in free vCloud Air service credit
- Improved vSphere integration
What is new in version 7.1.1:
This release of VMware Fusion includes bug fixes. It also enables a user to edit Processors & Memory settings for a restricted virtual machine without entering the restrictions password for the virtual machine.
What is new in version 7.0.1:
- Fixed many minor UI issues.
- Doc Notes 1246696
- Fixed an issue where renaming a top level share name in some Linux guests could cause a guest reboot.
- Doc Notes 1262130
- Fixed issues with Japanese language help content.
- Doc Notes 1275467
- Fixed an issue in Unity where a minimized Windows 8 "Metro-style" application would unminimize when the virtual machine entered Unity mode.
- Doc Notes 1276488
- Fixed a problem where the virtual CD/DVD would disable when connecting a local disk image to a remote virtual machine.
- Doc Notes 1292415, 1307646
- Fixed an issue where entering Unity would initially show blank windows.
- Doc Notes 1296586
- Fixed a crash when quitting VMware Fusion after copying a large file to the clipboard inside a virtual machine.
- Doc Notes 1304156
- Fixed an issue where the maximum memory value in the Processors & Memory settings panel was incorrectly showing a value that was not an even multiple of 4MB.
- Doc Notes 1298540
- Added error UI when removing a virtual disk from a remote virtual machine fails.
- Doc Notes 1298991
- Removed a black flicker when switching to a full screen virtual machine.
- Doc Notes 1302571
- Fixed an issue where the Keychain UI would reappear after the user had already allowed access.
- Doc Notes 1306569
- Added progress UI when downloading McAfee antivirus.
- Doc Notes 1309734
- Fixed issues of windows flashing and moving when entering Unity mode.
- Doc Notes 1311267
- Fixed a crash that would occur when copying a file with a very long name to a shared folder.
- Doc Notes 1311318
- Fixed a crash triggered when opening a .dmg file residing in a shared folder in an OS X virtual machine when the .dmg is already in use outside the virtual machine.
- Doc Notes 1311853
- Removed logging that would emit an extraneous statement every two seconds whenever a virtual machine ran in Unity mode.
- Doc Notes 1312431
- Fixed problems with symbolic links created in shared folders.
- Doc Notes 1314214
- Fixed an issue where Unity windows would display incorrectly in Expose when running Fusion on Yosemite.
- Doc Notes 1316904
- Fixed an issue where Fusion 6 customers were not able to use the trial version of Fusion 7.
- Doc Notes 1318250
- Fixed a rare crash which would occur when connecting to an ESXi server on certain network configurations.
- Doc Notes 1318278
- Fixed a rare issue where shared in a shared folder could be incorrectly truncated.
- Doc Notes 1318477
- Fixed a crash when attempting to expand a virtual disk connected to a remote virtual machine.
- Doc Notes 1318991, 1323439, 1323449, 1323460, 1324217, 1325281, 1325920, 1325961, 1330261, 1339482
- Fixed a number of keyboard mapping issues for non-English keyboards.
- Doc Notes 1319589
- Added support to mount_vmhgfs command-line utility to enable placing the mount at a specified share or folder.
- Doc Notes 1323371
- Fixed a flickering issue with Microsoft Office 2013 windows when running in Unity mode.
- Doc Notes 1330548
- Fixed a build problem when installing tools in virtual machines running Fedora 21 Alpha.
- Doc Notes 1331136
- Updated to a newer version of McAfee antivirus.
- Doc Notes 1332835
- Fixed a rare issue where dragging and dropping files from a virtual machine could fail.
- Doc Notes 1334180
- Fixed an issue where file sizes in a shared folder would be reported incorrectly.
- Doc Notes 1334638, 1337969
- Fixed some rare cases with incorrect rendering in 3D.
- Doc Notes 1336570
- Fixed a display flash that could be seen 2-3 seconds after entering Unity mode.
- Doc Notes 1339182
- Language specific keyboard mappings are enabled by default for Windows virtual machines.