Wings 3D is an advanced subdivision modeler that is both powerful and easy to use. Originally inspired by Nendo and Mirai from Izware, Wings has been developed since 2001, when Bjorn Gustavsson and Dan Gudmundsson first started the project. Wings is currently maintained by Richard Jones who has been with the project since 2006. Wings 3D offers a wide range of modeling tools, a customizable interface, support for lights and materials, and a built-in AutoUV mapping facility.
What is new in this release:
- Major update to the Traditional Chinese translation of Wings including AutoUV, many plugins, tools, and other interface strings. Many thanks to szzz for this amazing contribution! [optigon]
- Wings could crash when launching and opening a file at the same time . The cause was the ets table for fonts could not be written to while the Progress Bar was active. ets tables can only be accessed from the process they are created in unless specifically stated. In Wings the PB run on a separate process so accessing the ets font table while the PB was active led to a badarg since the call was not allowed. The font table is now set to public so it can be accessed by any process. (Thanks to dgud and those who reported the crash) [optigon]
- Help dialog formatting adjustments for Asian fonts. [optigon]
- Improvements to Body|Weld for handeling neighbouring faces. [optigon]
- Update to the the Korean translation to include the interface strings and some key plugins including AutoUV. Many thanks to korea3d for this wonderful contribution and for reporting the string errors he found during the process. [optigon]