This thesaurus/dictionary can be used to look up words from almost any program. In addition to displaying sense definitions and synonyms, WordWeb can find sets of related words. The database has more than 160,000 root words and 222,000 senses many proper nouns, pronunciations, and usage tags. WordWeb works off line, but when online you can also quickly view Web references such as the Wikipedia encyclopedia.
What is new in this release:
Version 8.03a is a bug fixing release.
What is new in version 8.02:
Version 8.02 adds new words and minor fixes.
What is new in version 8.0:
- Thousands of new words.
- One-click lookup in the latest Edge, Firefox and Chrome browsers
- Numerous improvements, fixes and updates for Windows 10
What is new in version 7.2:
- New and revised definitions and related words.
- Updated audio pronunciations.
- Improved one-click integration with other programs.
- Better one-click 64-bit and Windows 8 and 10 support.
- Keyboard hotkeys for Bookmark menu items.
- Auto-detect support for latest 3-rd party Concise Oxford and Merriam-Webster.
What is new in version 7.12:
Version 7.12 adds new words and definitions.
What is new in version 7.1:
Version 7.1 adds improved one-click lookup, plus new words and definitions.