Yojimbo makes keeping all the small (or even large) bits of information that pour in every day organized and accessible. It's so simple, there is no learning curve. Yojimbo's mechanism for collecting, storing and finding information is so natural and effortless, it will change your life, without changing the way you work. There are as many uses for Yojimbo as there are users of it. It accepts almost anything -- text, bookmarks, PDF files, web archives, serial numbers, passwords, or images -- by dragging, copying, importing or even printing. You can get anything out of Yojimbo you put into it, too, in its original form. There's no lock-in, export any time.
What is new in this release:
The minimum required OS version has changed from OS X 10.8.5 to OS X 10.11.6.
Yojimbo now stores its data folder ("Yojimbo") in your home directory by default. Existing data stores that are located within
$HOME/Library/Application Support/will continue to work, but new data stores, or future backups, will be created as
$HOME/Yojimbo Backups/, respectively.
This build resolves a WebKit exception when running on macOS 10.12.
Fixed a crash when viewing PDFs on macOS 10.13.
Set the default log level for syncing to "errors only".
When the application starts up, if the log file is over 128MB, it will be reset.
Fixed a bug in which it was possible to encrypt items using an incorrect password stored in the Keychain. The resulting encrypted items would be unretrievable.
Updated the Bookmarklet help page to remove obsolete browsers and add an advisory about Google Chrome.
Fixed the AppleScript which opens the bookmarklet install page in the selected browser so that it works now.
What is new in version 4.0.4:
- This release consists entirely of fixes for reported issues, and contains no new features.
- The minimum required OS version has been updated from OS X 10.8.2 to OS X 10.8.5.
- Corrected an issue with the embedded store which could interfere with sync subscription purchasing under OS X 10.10 "Yosemite".
- The built-in Software Update (for non-app-store builds) will now unpack into a subdirectory of ~/Library/Caches/, to avoid a use case in which unpacking completes into a subdirectory of /tmp, and then the user waits overnight to do the installation, and in the meantime the OS clears /tmp which results in an error when trying to apply the update the next day.
- Corrected keyboard focus in the Software Update prompt window.
- Corrected keyboard focus in the crash reporter window.
- There is a bug in OS X 10.10 and 10.10.1 which can cause data loss when migrating from a previous (3.x or older) version of Yojimbo. When starting the application, if migration is required and either of these OS versions is in use, Yojimbo presents an alert explaining the situation and requiring an OS update. More information is available here.
What is new in version 4.0.3:
Changes to improve sync reliability and application stability; a related change to the display of internally stored Web Archive items improves security and privacy.