You are the pilot of Quantum, an Omega-class fighter patrolling deep space. It's a lonely assignment.
Suddenly, and predictably, you are caught in a sub-space anomaly and transported to the middle of a mysterious region of space with a black hole at its center and deadly asteroids drifting by. You'll encounter hostile aliens and mysterious floating artifacts.
Quantum is a new, updated take on the classic game of Asteroids. It's Asteroids taken to another level adding:
- A dreaded black hole, relentlessly pulling everything toward its inky maw!
- Aliens that actually fight back.
- Floating artifacts to help you survive.
- Rocks that realistically collide with each other.
- Modern OpenGL graphics and OpenAL sound.
- A large (and resizable!) playing area.
- A cool particle engine.
- Three difficulty levels.
What is new in this release:
- Added Apple-standard full-screen support.
- Slightly slowed ship rotation rate for easier control.
- Added Play button to title screen.
Limited time demo.