Discovery Pro Mac includes 32 and 64-bit, 12 oscillators Virtual Analog + Sampler VSTi, Audio Units Synthesizer featuring 4 layers, unison, WAV and SoundFont (SF2) support, PADSynth re-synthesis, 2X oversampling/undersampling, built-in arpeggiator, sync, FM, 12 filter types, panning modulation, stereo delay and gate effects, graphic envelope modulation. Imports and export Nord Lead 2 SysEx data. 64 bit compatibility for Audio Units, VST on Mac and VST on Windows. PADsynth algorithm generates very beautiful sounds from WAVE waveforms and imported waves. Perfectly looped wavetable samples rendered as SFZ. It easily generates sounds of ensembles, choirs, metallic sounds (bells) and many others. 2 new oscillators that result in a even broader sonic palette. The new parabolic waveform will be bliss for beautiful pads, soft sounds and new FM tones. Pink noise brings that warm and lovely sound from classic synthesizers. Waveform oscillator. Now you can easily add new waveforms and wavetables in DWB banks, WAV or SoundFont 2.04 (SF2) formats, also supporting 24 bit waveforms. Since it's not virtual analog synthesis we took extreme care of it by adding one of the best interpolation algorithms, resulting in very little aliasing and extraordinary resampling quality. 12dB and 24dB Moog modeled filters called X and Y, bringing a more sophisticated tone in addition to the 8 previous Discovery filters. Graphic Modulation envelopes that take your sound palette to high degree sound shaping. Just click and hold your mouse to draw time-synced mod destinations and get fresh textures.
What is new in this release:
- Mac (x32/x64) / Windows (x32/x64) VST3 support.
- Multi-channel support.
- Mac standalone.
- Added 1.5x GUI size for Retina displays.
- GUI fixes and speed up by disabling image caching.
What is new in version 6.5:
- Added Retina GUI support for Hi-DPI displays including minor enhancements.
- Added 15 new banks and thousands of new waveforms. 10 banks reworked.
- Added License.dat copy protection.
- Added EDIT > Config > MIDI Out option.
- Added flat popup active option color.
- Fixed hanging notes issue.
- Fixed Linux file menu issues.
- Fixed Linux bank import.
- Increased performance and stability.
- Data folder location changed to Documents > discoDSP > Discovery Pro.
- OS X: Compiled with Xcode 6.4. OS X 10.6 or higher is required.
What is new in version 6.4.5:
Fixed BandReject filter behavior.
What is new in version 6.4.3:
- Enhanced unison tuning.
- Fixed swapping programs voice channel management.
What is new in version 6.4.2:
- New Nord Lead 2 modeled Unison.
- SysEx import now supports .MID fles.
- Enhanced SysEx Import.
- Edit > Swap > Bank > Chorus to Unison.
- Edit > File > Export Nord Lead 2 SysEx Bank.
- 1.5x / 2.0x GUI graphic fixes.
- Unison CC 16 / Phaser Chorus CC 50.
- Updated Help > MIDI CC.
- Banks 11 to 45 Chorus effect switched to Unison for better sound quality.
- Double clicking a knob resets to original position.
- Mod amount now refects mouse values and OCT range correctly.
- Drop down menu from KeySplit hides after switching presets if it's displayed.
- Enhanced LCD fonts.
- Filter Attack MIDI CC changed to 38 (like NL2) on all platforms. 89 remains for FL Studio due compatibility issues.
- Auto-loop for single cycle waveforms with less than 2048 samples.
- Auto-tune for unlooped waveforms.
- Enhanced voice stealing algorithm.
- Wave oscillator .wav fine-tune support.
VST, Audio Units host
Trial version can save presets, but your host will be unable to store any current synth state, save banks or use automation.