Overture is easy-to-use notation software that's powerful enough to satisfy the needs of today's professional musicians and composers. You can quickly enter notes on-screen with your mouse or computer keyboard, or record a MIDI performance for instant viewing. Overture's intuitive interface puts powerful editing tools and symbol palettes at your fingertips, so you spend time composing music instead of searching through menus. For complete orchestral arrangements, lead sheets, individual cues or even simple notation examples, there's no faster way to create professional notation than Overture.
What is new in this release:
- Added global controls for cue note and text size in Score>Engraver>Notes panel.
- High hat symbol size has been changed to match plus symbol in percussion palette.
- Display position of open high hat (x with circle) has been improved.
- Added Always show at top and bottom options in bar number dialog.
- Added tempo display range values in Data View.
- Added two other types for Fermatas attached to notes/rests. This can be changed in its dialog by double clicking on the Fermata.
- Replace two articulations with a new Legato-Dot and a Spiccato articulation. The one replaced were just inversion of previous articulations and were not needed.
- Improved vertical spacing on some articulations.
- Added feature in Track List view to display all controller data types contained in a measure.
Right click on any measure and if it has controller data, a popup menu will display the data types.
If you choose one of the data types, the controller lane will display the data type.
This is very handy for finding and editing controller data.
- Added the ability to hide/show individual staves on piano/organ systems. This is done using right click on the piano system.
- Added ability to add Video hit points in the Track List view.
- Added the ability to drag a Video Hit point in Track Data view to a new Bar/Beat/Clock location and the tempo(s) are adjusted to make keep the Video Hit point SMPTE time.
Images that are imported using the File>Import Image menu command are now attach to the page, not measure.
- Added ability to stretch sides of an image.
- Added the ability to drag a barline without measures being proportionally space. Do this by holding down the ctrl key while dragging.
- Improved chord suffix spacing when using Groove font.
- Added a Modified date field at bottom of Browser in New Score Dialog.
- Added more symbols that are written in MusicXML files.
- Part names are now saved with extracted parts.
- Part title font changes and positioning are now saved with score.
- System breaks, page breaks, and Make into system, and changing bar widths, now work on parts and are saved with the master score.
- Add ability to select the first note in prev/next measure using Ctrl[cmd] arrows.
- Added keyboard shortcuts for common navigation keys. Look at bottom of Edit Key commands dialog for Navigation section.
What is new in version 4.1.5p1:
- Finally an Intel only version with Audio Unit hosting
- Fixed problem that caused playback to be hung and could not be stopped.
- Fixed Set Key Signature dialog bug that did not transpose correctly.
- Fixed print bug that sometimes did not print bracket on first system.
- Fixed Shift-Click on Dynamics handle to align dynamics and hair pins.
- Fixed crash when extracting parts, especially when Split and Divisi values were set.
- Fixed staccatissimo symbol display problems
- Fixed problem with selecting note and sharp at the same time.
- Right click now allows Set Key Signature and Time Signature.
- Fixed problem that prevented stretching dotted/dashed lines on Expressions.
- Fixed problem with heavy beam thickness when printing.
- Fixed problem with moving cursor to next measure with arrow and then pasting. Paste went to the following measure.
- Fixed a few problems in Lyrics Window. Also Return key now enters a space instead of closing the window.
- Fixed Option/Cmd-Arrows keys to work on MacBook Pro as Home, End, Page Down, and Page Up.
- Fixed Step Input not entering notes after eighth notes.
- Improved tie placement of slurs and accidentals on clusters.