Radiola is a simple to use software that allows you to listen to your favorite online radio stations. It offers a series of radio stations sorted by music genres, that you can easily connect to. You need a stable Internet connection, in order to receive a constant feed. Any available radio station can be opened by double clicking on it.
The software prompts a dialog box that indicates the status of the connection, as well as the specific URL or possible errors. Once the link is established, the software displays the name or the radio station, website and buffer status. Moreover, the artist and title of the current song and bitrate quality.
Customizable list and song history. The software is capable of generating a list of the most recent songs you have listened to, at different radio stations. The log file is saved on your computer, thus it is easy to access. Otherwise, you can view it by clicking on the ShowHistory button.
You may customize the list of the radio stations and songs by loading local playlist files or website addresses. Just drag and drop the .M3U or .WPL files onto the radios list and the software can display it in the selected category. The only difference is that the local playlist is not automatically updated and you cannot randomize the playback order. Otherwise, you can easily add the URL of your favorite online radio station, also by drag-and-drop.
What is new in this release:
- new green interface (tons of bugs was returned to nature)
- stunning spectrum analyzer with 4 display modes (click to switch)
- aac+ (shoutcast) streams support (on windows and linux only)
- recording support. By default recorded files will be stored in user's music folder (Ctrl-E to open it). You can change this in config file (radiola.cfg in Ctrl-S folder)
- when player fails to connect to radio with all streams addresses it updates addressed from playlist (if any)
- all operations are accessible via keyboard
- large history files support
- large and huge fonts support
- autocheck for new versions
- bigger buildin list of radiostations (you need to delete old playlist so it will be recreated). Now full list of Di.fm channels is included