Silent Way is a suite of plug-ins designed for use with analogue synthesisers, and especially as part of a modular analogue synthesiser system. The plug-ins produce no sound themselves, nor do they process sound - rather, they generate signals to be used as control voltages (CVs), which can be patched into the control inputs of oscillators, filters, VCAs etc. of an analogue system. Also, with the addition of the CV Input plug-in, it is possible to bring CVs from the synth into the computer, for recording or processing./>There are currently eighteen plug-ins in the Silent Way suite - Silent Way AC Encoder, Silent Way CV Input, Silent Way CV To MIDI, Silent Way CV To OSC , Silent Way DC, Silent Way ES-4 Controller, Silent Way ES-5 Controller, Silent Way ESX-4CV Combiner, Silent Way Follower, Silent Way Learner, Silent Way LFO, Silent Way Quantizer, Silent Way SMUX, Silent Way Soundplane, Silent Way Step LFO, Silent Way Sync , Silent Way Trigger and Silent Way Voice Controller. These are described in more detail below. It is anticipated that more plug-ins will be added to the suite in the future - watch the website for product announcements.
What is new in this release:
- Fixed UI behaviour in multiple monitor setups with a mix of Retina and non-Retina displays.
- Fixed MIDI output on Gates 6/1-6/8 in Silent Way ES-5 Controller.
- Enabled full support for the Expert Sleepers MIDI & OSC Lua scripting system.
What is new in version 2.5:
Added exponential envelope shapes to Silent Way Voice Controller and Silent Way Trigger.
Added FSK ('tape sync') support to Silent Way Sync.
Silent Way Learner now supports MIDI channel pressure (aftertouch).
Fixed an issue with MIDI clock generation in Silent Way ES-4 and ES-5 Controllers.
Fixed the behaviour of the Offset control in certain circumstances in Silent Way ES-4 and ES-5 Controllers, and Silent Way Sync.
What is new in version 2.4.4:
- Added support for MIDI output of Song Position Pointer.
- Added support for MIDI output of sysex data to the AAX version.
- Fixed a possible crash when using the OSC browse dialog in 64 bit hosts.
- Added 'Match Note Offs' feature to Silent Way ES-4 Controller and Silent Way ES-5 Controller.
What is new in version 2.4.2:
The ES-4 Controller now supports MIDI output at 192kHz.
The ES-5 Controller now supports MIDI output at all sample rates, including when used with SMUX.
Audio Unit or VST host application