AOMEI Backupper Standard For Win7 is the simplest FREE PC backup, restore and clone software that is especially designed for Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, and Windows 7 (all editions, both 32 bit and 64 bit systems).
To protect your personal files and prevent data loss, it supports system/disk/partition/files/folders backup, restore and clone as well as provides file sync, schedule, incremental, differential backups, backup to NAS and network, dynamic disk volumes backup, GPT disk backup, backing up & restoring system drive based on UEFI boot, creating Windows PE & Linux bootable CD, manually adding additional drivers when create Windows PE Bootable CD, partition alignment to optimize SSD during restoring or cloning operation, sending email notifications, backing up or restoring files from a network to another, editing task name and the directory of backup images, backup logs management, exporting or importing all backup tasks, start up multiple client machines within LAN through PXE network booting by using AOMEI Windows PE and Linux micro-system or your own personalized bootable image file on a master machine for system maintenance.
The unique function of this backup freeware is universal restore, which enables you to recover or migrate a system to physical or virtual machines with dissimilar/different hardware. Another highlight is VSS, a technology from Microsoft that enables system and data backup processes won't be interrupted by running applications. So it is very efficient because backup can still be available when you're working. Besides, this version is free for home users and commercial users.
What is new in this release:
- Added event-triggered scheduling backups: automatically perform backup tasks in real-time when user logon, user logoff, system startup and system shutdown.
- Support to run one time only everyday when setting up the event-triggered scheduling backups.
- Support to perform scheduled backup tasks whether a user is logged on or not.
- Support to choose a network mapped drive as the destination.
- Support to simultaneously choose multiple files and folders on the network drive as the source.
- Support to prevent computer from automatically sleeping during the backup process.
- Support to automatically invoke the tray notification to show the progress if you close main window during backup or sync process, and then continue to perform backup or sync task in the background.
- Optimized the characters of sharing information to unlock system clone.
- Optimized email forms: send email notification via text or html.
- Optimized the email notification sending modes: provide hotmail and gmail SMTP modes.
- Optimized the solution to the destination path is too long when performing file backup and file sync.
- Enhanced the stability to connect the Share/NAS.
- Fixed issue: display error code 4107 when checking the image file after backing up to Share/NAS.
- Fixed issue: "Failed to enable VSS......" during the backup process.
- Fixed issue: the virtual partition is not accessible caused by access permission when you explore an image file.
What is new in version 3.2:
- Added multiple languages: support English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.
- Fixed issue: random crash caused by frequently backup.
- Support large window display mode to suit high resolution computer.
- Support the latest Windows 10.
What is new in version 2.8:
- Added file sync: synchronize files and folders automatically with a schedule to local disks, external hard drives, removable USB flash drives, NAS or network shared folders.
- Linux bootable media support to restore/clone between UEFI-based GPT disk and BIOS-based MBR disk.
- Fixed bug: restore file backup images from CD/DVD with error code 4099.
- Fixed some crashing issues.
What is new in version 2.5:
- Added universal restore: allow you to restore a system backup image created on one computer to another with different/dissimilar hardware.
- Added system restore and system clone between GPT and MBR disk: enable you to restore/clone system from MBR (BIOS-based) disk to GPT (UEFI-based) disk and vice versa under native Windows environment and Windows PE bootable environment (Linux bootable environment is not yet supported), while ensuring that system is able to boot properly.
- Added an option on schedule backup advanced settings: allow you to more clearly choose whether or not to automatically perform missed scheduled backup tasks in the next system startup.
- Optimized PXE network booting: add HTTP method to speed up the downloading of image file.
- Optimized email notifications: add computer name into message and improve AOMEI SMTP server to ensure that all notifications are delivered successfully.
- Fixed issue: after performing a schedule backup task, the tray icon sometimes is unable to quit normally or no window display when clicking the tray icon.
- Fixed bug: the program always prompts you to enter the new username and password of shared network folder or NAS after modifying the old ones.
What is new in version 2.2:
Added PXE boot tool: start up multiple client machines within LAN through the network booting by using AOMEI Windows PE and Linux micro-system or your own personalized bootable image file on a master machine for system maintenance.
What is new in version 2.1.0:
- Added system clone and system migration.
- Support for restoring system to a smaller partition.
- Added history for backup saved path and task name setting.
- Support for exploring backup images on the NAS/network.
- Fixed issue: case-sensitive password of command line backup.
- Fixed bug: display incorrect version number after upgrade.
- Improved software registration.
- Stability enhancements and other bug fixes.