AOMEI Backupper Standard is the simplest FREE PC backup & restore, sync and clone software for desktop computers and laptops running Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, and XP (all editions, 32/64-bit).
It supports system/disk/partition/files/folders backup & restore, files/folders sync and disk/partition clone as well as provides real-time file sync, schedule backup, incremental/differential backups, backing up to NAS and shared network folder, GPT disk backup, backing up & restoring system drive based on UEFI boot, creating Windows PE & Linux bootable CD, manually adding additional drivers when creating Windows PE Bootable CD, partition alignment to optimize SSD during restoring or cloning operation, sending email notifications, backing up or restoring files from a network to another, editing task name and the directory of backup images, backup logs management, exporting or importing all backup tasks, backup or sync files to cloud drive desktop apps.
The highlight is VSS, a technology from Microsoft that enables system and data backup processes won't be interrupted by running applications. So it is very efficient because backup can still be available when you're working. Besides, this version is free for home users and business users.
What is new in this release:
- Added new multiple languages: Italian, Nederlands, Spanish and Turkish. Now AOMEI Backupper supports 10 languages.
- Fixed issue: antivirus software like Avira falsely report AOMEI Backupper as Adware or gen2.
What is new in version 4.0.5:
- Support to restore files to a long path.
- Support to clone dynamic system volume on MBR disk.
- Optimized dynamic system volume backup on MBR disk.
- Fixed issue: the program crashes when choosing the specified path on some interfaces.
- Fixed issue: error code 4161 occurs during file sync if the target path exceeds limited length.
- Fixed issue: file backup crashes when a large number of files are being used.
- Automatically download Windows 10 image file to create bootable Windows PE media.
What is new in version 4.0.4:
- Fixed issue: when backing up/syncing data to network mapped drives, it requires to enter username and password repeatedly.
- Fixed issue: if the username and password of network share/NAS contain non-English characters, it requires to enter username and password repeatedly when the program accesses network share/NAS.
- Fixed issue: if the bootstrap of the dynamic system volume has not been backed up, it will not be bootale when restored to other disks.
- Fixed issue: if there is an error when changing the boot files of dynamic system volumes, it will not be bootale when restored to other disks.
- Fixed issue: in the cases of mounting image files in Windows XP/2003, it shows the partition is unformatted when accessing the partitions.
- Fixed issue: in some cases, error code: 214 occurs when restoring/cloning data from a larger disk to a smaller one.
- Optimized event-triggered backup of user log out and user log in.
- Optimized the task of long path in file backup, file sync and file restore and avoid failure of these tasks.
- Optimized the task of storing image files to share/NAS; even failed to connect to share/NAS, image files stored on it can still be viewed and edited.
What is new in version 4.0.3:
- Fixed issue: the computer won't go to Sleep Mode any more after performing backup operation.
- Fixed issue: in some cases, the program crashes when backing up files with long path names.
- Fixed issue: in some cases, the program cannot list files after adding a NAS.
- Fixed issue: in some cases, the program crashes when continuously performing "Partition Restore" operations.
- Fixed issue: the program crashes when restoring files to a network with long path name.
- Fixed issue: incorrect backup type in email notification.
- Fixed issue: sort log incorrectly based on Date or Time.
- Fixed issue: the program notifies file backup succeeded, however, there is no backup image created.
What is new in version 4.0.2:
- Fixed issue: the scheduled task of syncing files to a network path requires to re-enter username and password.
- Fixed issue: although there is no real-time sync task, the ABSync.exe also starts again and again after setting up a scheduled task of syncing files to a network path.
What is new in version 4.0:
- Added event-triggered scheduling backups: automatically perform backup tasks in real-time when user logon, user logoff, system startup and system shutdown.
- Support to run one time only everyday when setting up the event-triggered scheduling backups.
- Support to perform scheduled backup tasks whether a user is logged on or not.
- Support to choose a network mapped drive as the destination.
- Support to simultaneously choose multiple files and folders on the network drive as the source.
- Support to prevent computer from automatically sleeping during the backup process.
- Support to automatically invoke the tray notification to show the progress if you close main window during backup or sync process, and then continue to perform backup or sync task in the background.
- Optimized the characters of sharing information to unlock system clone.
- Optimized email forms: send email notification via text or html.
- Optimized the email notification sending modes: provide hotmail and gmail SMTP modes.
- Optimized the solution to the destination path is too long when performing file backup and file sync.
- Enhanced the stability to connect the Share/NAS.
- Fixed issue: display error code 4107 when checking the image file after backing up to Share/NAS.
- Fixed issue: "Failed to enable VSS......" during the backup process.
- Fixed issue: the virtual partition is not accessible caused by access permission when you explore an image file.
What is new in version 3.2:
- Added multiple languages: support English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.
- Fixed issue: random crash caused by frequently backup.
- Support large window display mode to suit high resolution computer.
- Support the latest Windows 10.
What is new in version 2.8:
- Added file sync: synchronize files and folders automatically with a schedule to local disks, external hard drives, removable USB flash drives, NAS or network shared folders.
- Linux bootable media support to restore/clone between UEFI-based GPT disk and BIOS-based MBR disk.
- Fixed bug: restore file backup images from CD/DVD with error code 4099.
- Fixed some crashing issues.
What is new in version 2.5:
- Added universal restore: allow you to restore a system backup image created on one computer to another with different/dissimilar hardware.
- Added system restore and system clone between GPT and MBR disk: enable you to restore/clone system from MBR (BIOS-based) disk to GPT (UEFI-based) disk and vice versa under native Windows environment and Windows PE bootable environment (Linux bootable environment is not yet supported), while ensuring that system is able to boot properly.
- Added an option on schedule backup advanced settings: allow you to more clearly choose whether or not to automatically perform missed scheduled backup tasks in the next system startup.
- Optimized PXE network booting: add HTTP method to speed up the downloading of image file.
- Optimized email notifications: add computer name into message and improve AOMEI SMTP server to ensure that all notifications are delivered successfully.
- Fixed issue: after performing a schedule backup task, the tray icon sometimes is unable to quit normally or no window display when clicking the tray icon.
- Fixed bug: the program always prompts you to enter the new username and password of shared network folder or NAS after modifying the old ones.
What is new in version 2.2:
Added PXE boot tool: start up multiple client machines within LAN through the network booting by using AOMEI Windows PE and Linux micro-system or your own personalized bootable image file on a master machine for system maintenance.
What is new in version 2.1.0:
- Added system clone and system migration.
- Support for restoring system to a smaller partition.
- Added history for backup saved path and task name setting.
- Support for exploring backup images on the NAS/network.
- Fixed issue: case-sensitive password of command line backup.
- Fixed bug: display incorrect version number after upgrade.
- Improved software registration.
- Stability enhancements and other bug fixes.
What is new in version 2.0.3:
- 1.Preserve file timestamps and date when restoring files.
- 2.Fix the problem: "The selected destination partition is too small when restoring system".