CopyCatX is an extremely fast and easy-to-use utility for duplicating a volume or cloning a complete drive.
It is perfect for:
- Anyone who wants to upgrade to a bigger drive.
- Users backing up their systems with the knowledge that the bootability and user privileges will be retained.
- Game players who want to make a perfect copy of a drive with all the hidden files duplicated.
- Systems administrators who need to deploy multiple drives with identical content.
- Forensic experts whose job requires identical copies of the original drive.
- Cross-platform users who need to clone a PC or Linux hard drive quickly and easily.
CopyCatX utilizes a method called "device-to-device copying" instead of "file-by-file" copy employed by most backup software. Using device copy enables you to retain every detail of the original drive, from bootablity to the icon locations. Device copy is also a lot faster than the traditional file-by-file backup. The use of device copy normally means the size of the destination volume will be the same as the source volume, but with our resizing technology, we have successfully managed to overcome the primary limitation found in other device copy programs. After the device copying is completed, CopyCatX will automatically expand the volume size to the maximum, so no space is wasted. Even with such features and the performance, CopyCatX is extremely straight-forward to use. CopyCatX's easy-to-use interface was designed for all OS X users. The whole operation can be completed with a few clicks.
CopyCatX is neither file system nor OS dependent; it can quickly and easily make an identical copy of Linux, Windows, Mac, TiVo, or any other drives.
What is new in this release:
- Increased copying speed
- Full Mac OS X 10.7 Lion support
- Foreign language updates
- Various performance and bug fixes