Notability is a powerful note-taker to annotate documents, sketch ideas, record lectures, take notes and more. It combines, typing, handwriting, audio recording, and photos so you can create notes that fit your needs. With iCloud support, your notes are always available on iPad, iPhone and Mac. Anytime, anywhere.
Notability is optimized for Mac
- Quickly create notes by dragging documents, photos, or audio recordings from the desktop and dropping onto the library.
- Enhance notes by dragging photos, audio recordings, and PDFs from the desktop and dropping onto a note.
- Get more done with smart keyboard shortcuts.
- Handwriting and sketches can be scaled, transformed, free and constrained rotated, nudged (with arrow keys), and restyled.
- Notes look the same on Mac, iPad, and iPhone.
Capture memorable notes with these essential features
- Type reports and outlines in a variety of fonts, sizes, colors and styles.
- Text automatically reflows around images.
- Handwriting has been fine-tuned to be smooth and expressive using a trackpad or mouse.
- Sketch and write using a variety of colors, line widths, and styles.
- Record audio during lectures and meetings to capture more detail.
- Import audio recordings from other sources.
Replay your notes
- Notes are linked to audio recordings, so you can watch your typing and handwriting play back while you review a lecture or meeting. You can also use note replay to give audio feedback to students or colleagues.
- Notes added during note playback will also link to the recording.
What is new in this release:
- Added ability to right click notes to rename them in place.
- Fixed an issue with typing accented characters.
- Added color and password settings for subjects.
- Added keyboard shortcuts for list styles, text boxes and recordings.
- Improved autocorrect behavior.
- Several other bug fixes.
Heads up! iOS 8 is here. If you use Notability on iOS, when installing iOS 8 please don't upgrade to iCloud Drive until Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite is available. Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks will not be able to sync your notes if you upgrade to iCloud Drive.