"Note-C" is a very simple application for collecting your notes, snippets and any other piece of text without limiting access to your entries and offering extensive export-features.
- Saving your entries Every single entry will be stored in a separate file and you can freely choose where your entries should be saved to. Note-C automatically creates a covenant folder hierarchy where you can find your entries fast, even outside of Note-C. Additionally all entries will be saved in the open txt-file-format so you can open your entries in many text-editors. You keep full control over your entries.
- Creating multiple notebooks Note-C allows you to create multiple notebooks, so you can diverse your entries by topics and projects.
- Special editor and fullscreen-modes The editor of Note-C offers a lot of features to make writing more efficient and spare you using the mouse, like automatic list-creation (* and - signs) or moving of text-passages with keybourd-shortcuts. Additionally you can set the look of the editor to your preferences: Colors of text and background, font-size and -type, text-margins and more.
- Collecting external files You can add to each entry files which will be stored in a separate folder. Note-C offers options to view these files in Note-C itself or to open the files with an external application. Please Note: Files can't be added directly within the text.
- Markup-Support Note-C supports following markup-languages: Markdown, Textile, BBCode, Wikitext, HTML und Smark. Next to shortcuts for bold- and inverse-type and headlines. Further you can use markup while exporting your entries.
- Notice-Collecting Quickly writing a notice without starting a new entry, Note-C offers an integrated notice-feature. To write notices, Note-C offers diverse option. Next to writing a notice within the application itself, you can also use the status-bar feature to write a notice or use the Note-C-bookmarklet from most webbrowsers to send notices to Note-C.
- Exporting entries Note-C offers it's own export-manager to export your entries to different text-formats. As formats available are plain text, RTF, RTFD, HTML, Doc and PDF. Choosing these formats, you can also choose to export your entries into single files or to one file, which collects all selected entries.
Also, Note-C offers the well known fullscreen-mode (Lion and Mountain Lion) and a distraction-free mode where you can concentrate on your text wholefully.
Additionally there is the option to export your selected entries as an ePub-eBook-file, so you can read your notebook on an eBook-reader.
What is new in this release:
- Shortcut added for quick selection of diaries (CMD+Shift+L)
- adding the very first attachment to an entry using drag'n drop when attachment-folder doesn't exists yet, improved
- entries and notes are now separated by an adjustable split-view
- small changes to the save-procedure of files
- file-information now get refreshed in a timely manner
- fixed a bug for the distraction-free mode which lead to crashing Myary
- fixed a bug for adding a background-image for the fullscreen-mode
- fixed an issue with displaying attachments under certain circumstances
- attachment-preview for audio- and video-files replaced with a new system
- 80+ smaller internal improvements
- Smark version 1.1.1 implemented
- Textile version 3.5.5, corrected version, implemented