PDFCreator is a tool to create PDF files from nearly any Windows application. With PDFCreator, you can create PDFs from any program that is able to print, encrypt PDFs and protect them from being opened or printed, send generated files via e-mail, create more than just PDFs: PNG, JPG, TIFF, BMP, PCX, PS, and EPS, and autosave files to folders and filenames based on tags like username, computer name, date, and time, merge multiple files into one PDF. PDFCreator also runs on terminal servers without problems.
What is new in this release:
- Dropbox integration allows to upload files to Dropbox and add shared links to your mails.
- Default metadata: You can now define templates for all metadata fields including subject and keywords.
- Business: PDFCreator can now extract user tokens from the source document and use them for the conversion.
- Terminal Server: The licenses on a Terminal Server are now managed per machine to allow users to float between servers in a server farm.
- We did a major architectural redesign, which will allow us to change this faster in future and also greatly increases the application performance.
- Updated to Ghostscript 9.19, which seems to be the most stable version available at the moment.
- When inserting a new license key, you can now optionally transfer it to all other users on the machine.
What is new in version 2.3.1:
The current update is a maintenance release with new advertisements in the free version, that are not affected by false alerts from anti-virus software.
What is new in version 2.3.0:
- The improved shell extension has better support for multiple files and a filter for non convertible files
- Enhanced title replacements with regular expressions
- Improved Drag & Drop: Simply drop printable files on the program link or on a PDFCreator Window.
- When dragging PDF files (e.g. for merging) to PDFCreator, they are converted directly instead of being printed
- The merge window displays the total number of pages for print job
- A new license tab in the application settings makes managing the license more comfortable
- If an existing file cannot be overwritten, PDFCreator requests a new name instead of determining one
- If the the input filename is not provided, the according token does not remain empty. Instead it sets the print job name.
- Fresh new setup image.
- In the unlikely event that PDFCreator should crash, you can now send us the crash report online
- The languages Swedish, Slovenian, Estonian, Gaelic and Valencian are available again
- The compression of TIF files was always set to LZW. The profile setting was ignored.
- Renaming printers could change the primary printer
- The option “last used profile” in the printer mappings was set correctly but not displayed
- Shortened file paths were potentially still longer than the Windows limit
What is new in version 2.2.2:
Version 2.2.2 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What is new in version 2.2:
Version 2.2 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What is new in version 2.1.2:
- Includes Ghostscript 9.16
- Due to a Ghostscript bug, the default PDF version was raised from 1.4 to 1.5
- New FAQ entries
- The working directory of the script action was not the script path
- Occasional occurring System.UnauthorizedAccessException
- Defective transparency could turn the pdfforge flame in the print job window to black and break the layout
- Some related UI elements had slightly different sizes
What is new in version 184.108.40.2060:
- The JobID token now holds the Windows print job id. This is not unique over reboots though. The Counter token remains always unique.
- The COM Interface now has a method PrintFile, to call the Windows Shell commands to print a file with PDFCreator.
- The save file dialog was still not on top in some cases, when the PDFCreator window was skipped. We thought to have fixed this, but there were more conditions where this could occur.
- PDFCreator could crash when no settings were present in the registry for the current user.
- Changing the Metadata in the print job window did no work, the final document contained the defaults
- Fixed a bug in the UI where the Resampling for Color and Monochrome images could not be set separately
- Loading settings from an INI file did not work
- PDFCreator Plus: There was a bug in HotFolder. When creating the folder for converted documents inside the watched folder, it was converted infinitely.
What is new in version 220.127.116.111:
This is a maintenance release which only fixes bugs that were found in PDFCreator 2.0.1.
- The COM Interface was not registered as TLB and was thus not shown in the list of references in Word and Excel
- In some circumstances, Outlook may be opened even if another mail client is set as default.
- Two exception could occur when many instances of PDFCreator were started at the same time
What is new in version 18.104.22.1684:
PDFCreator 2.0.1 fixes a few problems that were found after the release of PDFCreator 2.0. Among them was a problem that could result in empty profiles, when PDFCreator was loading the settings while another instance was closing. There was also a bug when trying to add printers with blanks in the name. Finally, we have also fixed a few minor bugs, two problems in the COM interface and clarified a few points in the manual.
What is new in version 2.0:
Our completely rewritten PDFCreator has a well-arranged and modern design to improve the user-friendliness of the handling. It comes with all the functions, that you know from the old versions, but with better performance and some brand new features, like adding cover and attachment pages or automated FTP upload.