UTFCast Professional is a tool that lets you batch convert all text files to UTF encoding including UTF-8, UTF-16 and UTF-32 with just a click of your mouse. You can use it to convert a directory full of text files to an output directory, while maintaining the directory structure of the original files. It doesn't even matter if your text file has a different extension - It can automatically detect text files and convert them, and also has the ability to recognize over 30 codepages.
Key Features: 1.Super high speed. 100,000 files, sized about 65GB, it only takes UTFCast Professional about 200 seconds for detection on a mid-end computer. And a file sized about 290MB only takes it 7 seconds for conversion. This means in one second, it detects 400-500 files or converts over 40MB of your files. 2.Multi-Core support. Multi-Core is leveraged to maximize detection and conversion. The only bottleneck is your hard disk drive. 3.Automatical text file detection. No matter what the file's extension is, UTFCast Professional will always check whether the file is a text file. Just select a folder, your text files will be automatically picked up for conversion. 4.Detect and convert 30+ codepages. Codepages does not need to be specified manually, UTFCast Professional can recognize 30+ codepages, such that correct codepage will be automatically applied to every text file. 5.Unlimited file size handling. Convert a text file that larger than 1GB, or even 1TB? UTFCast Professional can handle this. 6.Easy to use. Click on a menu item only ONCE, UTFCast Professional will convert every text file in the folder, output conversion results to another folder, and keep your folder structure intact. Nothing could be simpler than this.
What is new in this release:
- Detect codepage in command line mode
- Allow exporting detection and conversion result to CSV in command line mode Japanese translation
- Read command line from a text file, supports long command line up to 32768 characters
- Allow saving the log file to a folder that its path is longer than 260 characters when using command line text file
- Fixed a memory leak when using command line mode
What is new in version 2.7.3:
- Preview file size can be customize
- Fixed preview region is not correctly resized when preview panel is undocked from the main window
- Improved File List View performance
What is new in version 2.7.2:
- Updated runtime libraries to support Windows 10 anniversay update.
- Display version info on title bar.
- Other minor adjustments to GUI.
What is new in version 2.7.1:
Version 2.7.1 is a maintenance release.
What is new in version 2.6:
- Added long path support in recursive mode
- Added a button to open input and output file location in detail panel
- Added a button to copy input and output file path to clipboard in detail panel
- Fixed sometimes File View displays incorrect total number of files
What is new in version 2.5.1:
Version 2.5.1 updated digital signature to meet Microsoft's latest requirements.
What is new in version 2.5.0:
- Fixed random freezes when converting a massive amount of files in GUI mode.
- Lags when scrolling file list.
- Takes less time to initialize and resume a session.
- File list render performance is significantly improved.
- The GUI is more responsive when handling a massive amount of files.
What is new in version 2.4.2:
- When the GUI starts in maximized mode, some of the Folder List items are incorrectly rendered.
- When the GUI runs on Windows XP and the last selected folder is empty, the File List does not render its header at start up.
What is new in version 2.4.1:
- Improved stability
- File view and session view codepage statistic
- Filter file view and sesssion view by codepage
- Export file view and session view list to CSV file
- Copy selected items in file view and session view to clipboard
- Disable the Accept results menu item when there is no need to accept results
- Remember the size of the Assign Codepage window
- Ctrl+A to select all items in file view and session view
- Detail panel and preview panel does not refresh when switching between views
- File view does not list files immediately at first launch
- File view is not properly rendered at launch on XP
- Folder list is not correctly positioned when launched maximized
What is new in version 2.4:
Windows XP SP3 or later