Domus.Cad is an architectural 3D CAD program. It is a tool for the design and modeling of architecture, interor, landscape, and urban spaces. With Domus.Cad you can immediately begin to create three-dimensional elements without needing to start from a two-dimensional plan. Elements such as walls, floors, roofs, and stairs are created from the onset in their full three-dimensional form. Watch the 3D model change in real time as you design in plan. Domus.Cad's strong 3D capabilities are matched by its equally impressive array of 2D CAD tools. This makes it just as easy to produce a full set of presentation and construction documents as it is to create the architectural model itself. Program Characteristics:
- - Interactive architectural design and walkthroughs in real time!
- - 6 user graphic interface themes
- - Fast interactive renderer and accurate raytracing renderer
- - 3d extrusions, piping and rotational surfaces and volumes from any polygon Quadrangular and triangulare mesh-type elements
- - Fill vectorial tiles for creating personalized fills
- - Performing easy cost/quantity estimates
- - Internal multiple-sheet paging with preview function
- - Imports in Copy and Paste, PICT, TIF, JPG, GIF, PNG, DXF 2D, DXF 3D, DWG and Art*lantis formats
- - Exports in Copy and Paste, PICT, QuickDraw 3D MetaFile, DXF 2D, DXF 3D, DWG, Art*lantis and AREF formats (AREF format allows exchange of data with other Interstudio programs)
- - Automatic fusion of walls and other 3D elements
- - Automatically generated sections, elevations, axons, and perspectives that can be modified directly inside the program.
- - Generate Demolition/Construction Overlay
- - L, U, Z and spiral stairs generation
- - Stair railings
- - Sun light depending on date and hour
- - Ability to organize elements by names, categories, and sets
- - Automatic generation of floors inside rooms
- - Automatic generation of floors and roofs structures
- - Automatic interactive dimensions
- - Multiple undo-redo
- - Automatic backup
- - Expandable entourage libraries
- - Externally programmable in C and C++
What is new in this release:
- Vectorial rendering, the new vectorial rendering engine allows the user to obtain editable elevations, sections, perspectives, axonometries and in a way as the interactive 3D view, generating high quality and very detailed drawings, colored with the same colors as the interactive 3D view.
- New graphic interface, the palettes are functionally modified and re-arranged, grouping icons with similar functions.
- 3DS import-export, this option allows the Domus.Cad users to import many good 3D objects available for free or upon a payment from several Internet sites.
- Excellent support when importing and exporting DXF and DWG files from Version 12 to 2011 version.
- Transparencies, the elements with a solid fill can be opaque, partially transparent or totally transparent.
- Quartz Graphic (Mac), the graphic engine of Domus.Cad was modified, now it is based on the graphic libraries Quartz instead of the previous QickDraw.
- 3D View List, editable list of generated 3D views (elevations, sections, perpsectives, axonos etc).
- Scaled raster 3D views, elevations, sections and axonometries are generated perfectly scaled.
- Superimposed 3D views, generation of superimposed 3D views, raster and vectorial, with the lines of the vectorial rendering perfectly supeimposed to the raster shaded and colored OpenGl rendering.
- Mac Os X 10.7 Lion support
- ...and much more!