CurveExpert Professional is a cross-platform solution for curve fitting and data analysis. Data can be modelled using a toolbox of linear regression models, nonlinear regression models, smoothing methods, or various kinds of splines. Over 60 models are built-in, but custom regression models may also be defined by the user. Full-featured publication-quality graphing capability allows thorough examination of the curve fit. The process of finding the best fit can be automated by letting CurveExpert compare your data to each model to choose the best curve.
What is new in this release:
In CurveExpert Professional, the primary addition is the ability to weight a regression (both linear and nonlinear) by other factors other than the square of the standard deviation. Now, CurveExpert Pro supports weighting by y, y^2, x and x^2 in addition to the default weighting behavior (which is to not weight if there is no standard deviation data, and to weight if there is). The full changelog for CurveExpert Professional is as follows:
- NEW: added support for weighting nonlinear and linear regressions, including the CurveFinder tool.
- NEW: polynomial regressions and linear regressions now have appropriate statistics shown in the tooltip (standard error, correlation coefficient, etc).
- RESOLVED: if a user uses x1 in a 2D model (alone), the generated code was not correct. Resolved.
What is new in version 2.3.0:
- NEW: Added the ability digitize datasets from a source image. The digitized data becomes the main dataset that is operated on in CurveExpert Pro.
- NEW: added Savitzky-Golay smoothing
- RESOLVED: when drawing a line on a log plot, the points were not evenly spaced in log scale. Fixed.
- RESOLVED: transparency setting was lost from a contour once the graph properties dialog was exited. Fixed.
- RESOLVED: import of noisy_sin.dat, which had special tags at the top of the file, gave these special lines as the column headers. Fixed.