CurveExpert Professional is a cross-platform solution for curve fitting and data analysis. Data can be modeled using a toolbox of linear regression models, nonlinear regression models, smoothing methods, or various kinds of splines. Over 60 models are built-in, but custom regression models may also be defined by the user. Full-featured publication-quality graphing capability allows thorough examination of the curve fit. The process of finding the best fit can be automated by letting CurveExpert compare your data to each model to choose the best curve.
What is new in this release:
- Added ability for user to build table in multiple ways: from a file with the desired x values, from a xstart/xstop/npoints triple, from a xstart/xstop/dx triple, and from the current data in the dataset.
- Added "Export Table" to the right click menu in the Results pane. This makes it easier to quickly create tables without having to open the Result Details dialog.
- Added "Copy Parameters" and "Copy All Info" to the right click menu in the Results pane. This makes it easier to get parameters and model information out of CurveExpert Pro into another application (such as Excel).
- improved the user interface in the Create Table dialog.
- --license -license_file_name- and --quit command line options added for administrators who desire to apply licenses in an automated fashion.
- Resolved: PS/EPS files were not correctly output under Windows. Fixed.
- Resolved: unnecessary console window "flashes" eliminated when the program checks for new versions online
- Resolved: Slight adjustment to the location of popup menu in the result control under Linux.
What is new in version 2.4:
In CurveExpert Professional, the primary addition is the ability to weight a regression (both linear and nonlinear) by other factors other than the square of the standard deviation. Now, CurveExpert Pro supports weighting by y, y^2, x and x^2 in addition to the default weighting behavior (which is to not weight if there is no standard deviation data, and to weight if there is). The full changelog for CurveExpert Professional is as follows:
- NEW: added support for weighting nonlinear and linear regressions, including the CurveFinder tool.
- NEW: polynomial regressions and linear regressions now have appropriate statistics shown in the tooltip (standard error, correlation coefficient, etc).
- RESOLVED: if a user uses x1 in a 2D model (alone), the generated code was not correct. Resolved.
What is new in version 2.3.0:
- NEW: Added the ability digitize datasets from a source image. The digitized data becomes the main dataset that is operated on in CurveExpert Pro.
- NEW: added Savitzky-Golay smoothing
- RESOLVED: when drawing a line on a log plot, the points were not evenly spaced in log scale. Fixed.
- RESOLVED: transparency setting was lost from a contour once the graph properties dialog was exited. Fixed.
- RESOLVED: import of noisy_sin.dat, which had special tags at the top of the file, gave these special lines as the column headers. Fixed.