Alcohol 120% can handle the creation of 31 virtual CD and DVD-ROMs, letting users play discs without needing the physical disc. Users can copy CDs and DVDs to CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, and DVD+RW discs. The reading speed of a virtual CD-ROM is 200x. It supports normal CD, DVD, and CD RAW sub channel reading methods. The RAW reading method lets users emulate all CDs. Alcohol 120% supports numerous CD (CD-DA, CD+G, CD-ROM, CD-XA, VideoCD, Photo CD) and DVD (DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-Audio) formats. It also supports all current (ATAPI & SCSI) drives. The latest version adds two more profiles to the data type options and includes support for unusually formatted DVD+RW discs formatted by other software.
What is new in this release:
- SPTD v1.89 (for Windows 8.1 and older operating systems)
- SPTD v2.10 (for Windows 10)
- Minor bugs reported by users.
What is new in version 184.108.40.20626:
- UPDATE SPTD 2.08
- FIX Missing data type
- FIX mmnor bugs fixed
- FIX Update issues for some Windows 10 users
What is new in version 220.127.116.1112:
- FIX SSE2 necessary issue. in Virtual drive engine, Alcohol.exe and AxShlExHlper will not crash any more if your CPU does not support SSE2 or newer command set.
- FIX AxCmd shows no message if help file does not exist.
- FIX AxCmd mounting/unmounting issue while using drive letter not number id of v-drive.
- FIX Minor bugs.
What is new in version 18.104.22.16820:
- NEW Support for Windows 10 Consumer Preview
- NEW Virtual AHCI Optical Drive for Win10
- UPDATE Supported burner list, more added
- UPDATE SPTD V1.87 (for all other OS except Windows10)
- UPDATE SPTD V2.02 (for Windows10 tech preview only)
- FIX hpdskdlt warning would be shown while installing
What is new in version 22.214.171.12451:
- FIX Fixed some minor bugs
- UPDATE UACHelper updated for more advanced feature.
- UPDATE iSCSI management improved, sometimes it would show duplicated drives, now it won't.