Bopup Observer is a fast, simple and completely managed one-way instant messenger that gives an efficient way to keep employees informed and updated securely just in a few seconds. It is ideal for use in medical, clinic and educational networks to receive urgent messages, high-priority events, alerts and documents sent by administrator and other co-workers. The messenger connects to an IM server, Bopup Communication Server, which provides automated, planned and offline messaging with a chat, conversation and file transfer history. This messaging client works like an instant pager and it supports extended messages with font and color formatting, URLs and hyperlinks shown in the text of incoming notifications. The most important feature is the Confirmation Mode activated on the collaboration server that pops up and brings the application on a top of other programs on the Desktop until the user confirms the received message. This is a great and very attractive way to get a user's attention and to be sure that the critical message has been properly delivered.
Since Bopup Observer is offered for use in business LANs and enterprise-level networks it provides different authorization methods including Windows Authentication for domain-based environments. The chat server organizes user groups and includes the News Messaging system to send instant messages and emergency alerts on a scheduled time or with specified regularity. Bopup Communication Server also distributes new versions of the messenger software so there are no needs to update the client programs by hand on employee workstations. Built-in Branding functionality gives an easy customization and shows company logo uploaded on the communications server in the messenger GUI. The IM server has an integration with Active Directory and imports user accounts and AD groups. This client supports Terminal / Citrix environments with multiple instances of the messenger running on the same server PC.
What is new in this release:
Fixed issue with displaying user names on using latest versions of the communication server. Improved logon interface via Private login/password, now connection can be established by pressing Enter key.
What is new in version 5.7.2:
Version 5.7.2 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What is new in version 5.7.1:
Version 5.7.1 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What is new in version 5.6:
Version 5.6: Added support for IPv6 protocol. Fixed possible issue with disconnection on messenger startup if network bandwidth is slow.
What is new in version 5.5.5:
Version 5.5.5 fixed issue with collapsed Message History window on a first startup of the messenger client.
What is new in version 5.5.3:
- Added option to log out (sign out) from the messenger client even Simple or Windows Authentication modes are used.
What is new in version 5.5.2:
- Many minor fixes in Message History and File Transfer modules regarding support of AM/PM time format.
What is new in version 5.5.1:
- Added option to display time of messages in 12-hour clock format with AM/PM indicators (missed in previous release).
What is new in version 5.5:
- Added option to display time of messages in 12-hour clock format with AM/PM indicators.
- Many other improvements and fixes.
What is new in version 5.4.3:
- Improved pop up of the main window on reception of new messages.
- Fixed error on messenger startup when history contains favorite messages.
- Other improvements and fixes.
What is new in version 5.4.2:
- File Transfer dialog checks and allows to choose another folder to save incoming files if current directory already contains a data with the same names.
- Other fixes and improvements.
What is new in version 5.4:
- The message history dialog fixed error symbols appended at the bottom of each shown conversation and file transfer.
Bopup Communication Server (IM server software)
Depends on a 45-day trial of the IM server