s!mpL3 LAN Messenger is an application designed to be simple and easy to use while not lacking useful features and functionality. Keeping simplicity in mind, the application requires no complex installation procedure, just a few steps to follow the first time you run it. After that, connecting and chatting with others on your Local Area Network(s) is as easy as can be. Being so simple doesn't mean cutting down on other things, below you can see some of the main features:
All in one - You don't need to run a server separately, all you need is s!mpL3 LAN Messenger. File Transfers - Easily Send and Receive files in your LAN. Multi-Network - You can be connected to up to 4 Local Area Networks at a time. Sounds - Be notified by hearing a sound of your choice when someone chats you. Hide-Key - A key combination to hide/show s!mpL3 LAN Messenger and all its windows instantly which can also be configured to require a password. Updater - Stay up to date. Encryption - All communication is encrypted.
What is new in this release:
1. Removed some test code that could cause message boxes to pop up for Windows versions prior to Windows 10.
What is new in version 126.96.36.199:
1. Fixed a bug with the "Sort Treeview" option, if changed while disconnected, it wouldn't work.
2. Fixed the "Language Chooser" window size to show correctly in Windows 8.
3. Fixed "s!mpL3 LAN Messenger download" window size to show correctly in Windows 8.
4. Fixed a bug which would occur when a conversation window would be created by receiving a shake and the main editbox would be disabled.
5. Added an option to keep the tray icon when hidden, clicking it will restore the hidden windows. Notifications and Sounds are still supressed. In order to "hide" s!mpL3 LAN Messenger, use the hotkey or the right click context menu.