PatchViewer allows you to view patch files, or the output from diff-like command-line tools, using your existing third-party graphical file comparison tool such as Xcode's FileMerge. Supports diff output in traditional, context and unified formats from a range of command-line source control tools such as Git, Subversion, Mercurial and CVS (to name a few). Can pipe diff data directly to the PatchViewer command-line tool. Supports any file comparison tool that can be launched with source and destination files as command-line arguments. You can configure custom command-line arguments to pass to your third-party file comparison tool in PatchViewer's Preference panel. PatchViewer is configured by default to use Xcode's FileMerge.
What is new in this release:
- Support for Mac OS X El Capitan.
- Allow opening and drag and drop of patch files directly to the app icon. Supports .diff, .dif, .patch, .txt and .text file extensions.
- Minor OS compatibility updates, removal of deprecated functions.
What is new in version 1.0.5:
- Support for Mac OS X Mavericks.
- Fixed occasional hang when simultaneously opening large numbers of hunks in the graphical diff viewer.
- Fixed problem where a patch file containing the diff between two patch files was not parsed correctly.
Supported on Mac OS X Mountain Lion versions from 10.8.5, Mavericks 10.9.3.
Until you purchase a license, PatchViewer will run in demo mode using substitute data (obfuscated text) when viewing patch files.