Adium is a fast and free instant messaging client which supports AIM, ICQ, Jabber, MSN, Yahoo!, Google Talk, Yahoo! Japan, Bonjour, Gadu-Gadu, Novell Groupwise, and Lotus Sametime. Adium supports beautiful WebKit message display, tabbed messaging, encrypted chat, file transfer, and more. Give it a try; you won't look back.
Adium is currently translated into Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Icelandic, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Swedish, and Traditional Chinese.
What is new in this release:
- Patched libotr, fixing an issue that could lead to remote code execution.
- Updated libpurple to 2.10.12.
What is new in version 18.104.22.168:
- Updated Sparkle to 1.13.1, fixing a security issue that can lead to disclosure of local files or remote code execution.
- Set Sparkle update URL back to HTTPS.
What is new in version 1.5.10:
- Updated libpurple to 2.10.9, fixing many security issues.
- Updated the PSMTabBarControl framework, used in Adium for tabs:
Fixed an issue which occurred when dragging a conversation window into an existing tabbed conversation window and which caused Adium to become unresponsive. (#16281)
Fixed an issue causing tabs/windows to disappear when being dragged. (#15414, #15518, #15822, #16305)
Fixed an issue where tabs would disappear after several hours. (#16262)
Fixed visual glitches on bottom tabs seen on Retina Displays. (#16074)
Tabs now use all the space in the tab bar. (#7690)
Fixed tabs not being spoken by VoiceOver. (#16088)
- Fixed a problem that could cause high CPU load when a connection is lost. (#16431)
- Fixed a bug that can cause disconnects when using a Retina Mac with an external screen. (Johannes Loepelmann) (#16552)
- Fixed an issue causing to Adium to connect accounts during PowerNap. (Mayur Pawashe) (#16249)
- Fixed idle checks to no longer use the proximity sensor of modern Macs. (Christopher Loessl)
- Fixed dates in the chat log viewer not showing up for very old logs (2006 and earlier). (#16554)
- Security: Enabled a number of TLS ciphers using SHA256.
- Fixed connecting to servers with outdated TLS support using the unofficial SIPE plugin. (Michael Lamb) (#16550) The fix only applies to OS X 10.9, one for OS X 10.8.5 should follow.
- Fixed vertical placement of the unread count in tabs. (#16318)
- Fixed a misbehaving link in the Setup Wizard. (#16587)