GroupDocs.Viewer for Java is an HMTL5-based document viewer library that allows you to display 50+ types of documents and images within your Java apps. Supported formats include: PDF, Microsoft Word and Excel documents, PowerPoint presentations, Visio diagrams, CAD and raster images. The library converts documents to HTML5, which allows you to render documents as a combination of HTML, CSS and SVG. HTML5-based document rendering gives you a number of benefits:
- Documents are rendered as real text files. This allows end users to select/copy text right from documents displayed within your app or website. - Thanks to native text rendering, fonts always look sharp and documents look exactly like the original files. - End users can view documents from any web-enabled device using any HTML5-complient browser. - There is no need to install anything on the client side at all. So, PDF documents, for example, can be viewed without having to install Adobe Reader.
The library also comes with a user-friendly web UI that allows end users to seamlessly navigate large multi-page documents in a browser. When viewing documents through the interface, users can: - Scroll or turn pages with a button. - Jump straight to the specified page. - Preview and navigate pages with thumbnails. - Select, copy and search for text within documents. - Zoom in/out of a document. - Print and download documents from a web-browser.
Finally, GroupDocs.Viewer for Java library doesn't has any 3rd-party dependencies and can be easily deployed with a packaged JAR file on your server.
What is new in this release:
- Added support for the ICO format
- Added support for the PSD format
- Implemented a capability to configure custom path for the cache storage
- Implemented image stream requests handling without servlets
What is new in version 2.7.0:
- Updated API to simplify custom input DataSource configuration
- Added the ability to rotate document pages in the image-based rendering mode
- Added the ability to rotate text watermarks within the PDF print adjustments
- Added support to relative license paths
What is new in version 2.6.0:
- Added support for the AutoCAD 2004 (DWG), Electronic Publication (EPUB) and Microsoft Project (MPP, MPT) formats
- Added support for the Amazon S3 storage
- Implemented page rotation functionality for the HTML-based engine
- Removed DLL dependency
- Removed json.org dependency
What is new in version 2.5.0:
- Added ability to control cache size - Added a watermarks tool to the HTML-based engine - Added an option of pre-loading pages on the browser side - Implemented tabbed view for Excel spreadsheets - Implemented public API (ability to use the viewer without the UI)