TextPipe Engine is a component that you can include in your application to make use of TextPipe's text processing capabilities. It has no GUI code to slow it down, and hence it is ideal to embed inside your application. The Engine is packaged as an COM/ActiveX DLL rather than as a EXE. After a very simple registration process which is performed by your installation package, this DLL can be fully scripted by languages including Visual Basic, VB.Net, Visual C++ and Delphi.
Benefits are transparent to the end user, no graphical user interface, run existing filters, create and run new filters on the fly, and can be fully embedded in your application.
What is new in this release:
Faster search/replace, UI find/replace improvements, better installer
What is new in version 9.9:
- Split filters can now cope with Unicode filenames.
- New Tools Menu item to search your filters for a piece of text. Perfect for finding filters in a large filter list.
- New Replace options - replace (or skip) rest of folder. Great for websites and other hierarchical structures.
- New command line option /EXPORT= to output a UTF-8 text representation of the filter. From here it can be compared using a diff utility or stored under source code control. Very useful for comparing two similar filters to see what exactly has changed, e.g. to generate exports for all filters in the current folder: FOR %f IN (c:folder*.fll) DO "c:Program Files (x86)DataMysticTextPipeTextPipe.exe" /HIDDEN "/f=%f" "/EXPORT=%f.txt"(In a .BAT file, remember to use %%f instead of %f).
What is new in version 9.7.3:
- Removed warning about active COM objects. This is used by programmers
who automate TextPipe to do cool text processing.
- Fixed bug in Remove lines matching perl pattern.