Export Address Book is an advanced Address Book exporter for the Mac to export your local contacts into various formats. It even lets you export fields with custom labels. It can export directly to an Excel file but supports also other export formats like XML with optional XSLT processing, Tab-separated values, CSV, HTML table and customizable vCards. It comes with a set of pre-defined export templates for common applications but lets you also create your own templates.
What is new in this release:
- New property type "Display Name". The format is taken from the settings in Contacts.
- New property type "Contact Type". Can be "Person", "Company", "Resource" or "Room".
- With the new property type "Blank Field" you can now create empty placeholder columns in data files.
- Added a new export template "Outlook 2003 for Windows" which is still required by some stone-aged webmailers.
- Added a new export template "Contact List". Creates a plain text file in a "value (label)" format. Import the generated text file into a word processing app and apply some formatting to create a simple address book.
What is new in version 1.9.6:
- Includes a new export template "Plain Text" (requires OS X 10.8 or newer)
- Includes a further improved Fritz!Box Adressbuch XML Template (Thanks to Dr.-Ing. Jorg Jahncke)