Have you ever wished that you could access your files from anywhere? We made Dropbox because we were tired of e-mailing files to ourselves or carrying around a USB key. Once installed, Dropbox is just like any other folder on your computer, but with a twist. Any file you put in it will synchronize both to any other computers you may have on Dropbox, as well as to the web. Furthermore, any changes you make to any of your files will be sync'd up to all your other computers instantly, across Windows, Mac and Linux. Dropbox also makes it very easy to share and collaborate on files with others.
What is new in this release:
What is new in version 3.6.3:
- Fix for rare installer failure
What is new in version 3.5.63:
- Fixes errors setting custom icons on Mac
- Minor bug fixes.
What is new in version 3.5.60:
- Fix for the Harmony Badge not showing up on Mac.
- Performance Improvements.
- Other small fixes.
What is new in version 3.5.53:
- Small fixes
What is new in version 3.3.36:
- Minor fixes and improvementss
What is new in version 3.3.30:
- Improvements to connection throttling
- Minor fixes and improvements.
What is new in version 3.3.29:
- Minor fixes.
What is new in version 3.1.274:
- FFixes an infrequent crashing issue when a Windows machine running the Dropbox client is accessed over Remote Desktop.
- Other minor fixes.
What is new in version 3.1.270:
- Restore Ubuntu 10.04 support
- Fixes rare permissions error (afpAccessDenied) that causes Dropbox to fail to boot on OS X
- Other minor fixes
What is new in version 3.1.261:
- OS X - Support for auto-discovered and auto-configured network proxies
- Windows - New implementation of our File Explorer shell extension
- Norwegian language support
- Connection sharing for lower latency
What is new in version 2.10.52:
What is new in version 2.10.49:
- On Yosemite, adds an option in Dropbox's Preferences to disable Finder integration. As a result of issues in Yosemite, it's currently not possible to disable Dropbox's Finder extension using System Preference's Extensions pane.
- Other small fixes.
What is new in version 2.10.44:
- More fixes for Finder issues on Mac OSX 10.10 (Yosemite)
- Fix for two app hangs.
The free version offers only 2GB. We currently have a 50GB plan available for a fee.