GS-Base is a database that lets you organize your photo albums, mp3's, CDs, icon collections and your personal or business contacts. You can also quickly and easily analyze very large data sets using fast pivot tables with up to 256 million records and over 2,000 columns. Create your databases instantly with ease - no programming required. Main features include: versatile record filtering methods, searching for duplicates, full-text searches and one-click statistical breakdown analysis;
printing serial forms, letters/reports and any type of mailing labels; sending serial personalized e-mail messages with customized attachments; creating and editing text, dBase, Clipper and FoxPro files; around 300 built-in calculation function used for calculated fields and data validation; multiple panes displaying synchronized tables, forms, memo fields and pivot tables; GS-Base can be installed on any portable device and used without performing any registry modifications; easy database synchronization: (un-)merging records from other users' databases;
batch database/record updates based on other databases/tables; convenient plain zip file format enabling users to view and modify records, tables and embedded files/images even without using GS-Base; strong standard password protection and encryption; Auto-Save and Auto-Close; easy one-click optional editing of the RTF (rich text) memo field contents in external applications; easy one-click editing of any embedded images and files in external applications; optional system spell checker for selected fields; support for various methods of entering Unicode characters. Both 32- and 64-bit versions are available.
What is new in this release:
- Users can easily create a simple zip archive of text files (tables) which will be opened as native GS-Base databases.
What is new in version 15.4.2:
- An additional/optional spell checking engine (Hunspell).
- Syntax highlighting when entering formulas in calculated fields.
- Various interface changes and editing improvements.
What is new in version 15.2:
- Regular expression highlighting in "Search" dialog boxes.
- Regular expression highlighting in "Find & Replace" edit fields.
- Various improvements to make using Regex easier and faster.
What is new in version 15.0:
- More searching/filtering options.
- A new "Code" field type (an editor with syntax highlighting).
- More spell-checking options.
- E-mail improvements: highlighting embedded fields; HTML highlighting; Bcc addresses.
- A test sending mode for Bcc addresses.
- Sorting objects in "Objects/Images" fields.
- Optional multiple selections in drop-down lists.
- Various new options when inserting dates/times in fields and message forms.
What is new in version 14.8.4:
- Improvements concerning the built-in date/time functions.
- Help contains more information concerning date/time fields.
- Significantly increased speed for some options when opening text files.
What is new in version 14.7:
- Nested folders with tables.
- Different icons for different field types in the "Database Explorer" window.
- Definable field "Increment/Decrement" operations.
- New and improved editing functions.
- Multiple proc. cores used (also) when editing and formatting.
What is new in version 14.5.3:
- Significantly improved email functionality.
- Sending both separately editable text and html contents.
- TLS connection security.
- Optional use of the system spell checker when editing the message.
- Specifying delays between group of messages.
- A new "Sort" dialog box with 10 keys.
What is new in version 14.4:
- More flexible/versatile editing of dBase/Clipper/FoxPro files.
- New options regarding dBase/Clipper/FoxPro memo field contents.
- The "Field Setup" dialog box has been improved. (E.g. added instant formula validation.)
- Some changes & corrections re: running GS-Base in Linux+Wine and in Windows XP.
- Added "Save XML File" dialog box.
- Optional saving memo fields and images/files when exporting text and XML files.
- Added "IsEmpty()" filter.
- Bug fixes.
30-day trial, watermarks on printed pages, up to 10 tables per database