iData Pro is a flexible, easy to use, database program that can handle any number of datafiles. You design each datafile with any number of optional fields, and a freeform text area.The freeform text area can include styled text, images, sound files, and small videos. iData Pro allows you to design and print custom labels and envelopes. iData Pro can also edit iData Mobile datafiles and sync them to iData Mobile on the iPhone and iPad via WiFi or Dropbox.
What is new in this release:
Changes Since iData 3:
- Added Dropbox synchronization. This replaces the old MobileMe synchronization option.
- Added option to perform searches in Classic iData search style (find the next target each time a find button is clicked) or Filemaker search style (select all records containing the target, with a Select All button). This is toggled by clicking the magnifying glass to the left of the the FInd Box.
- Added option to enter search data in Find Box using Classic iData entry style ('&' to separate targets that are otherwised combined) or Search Engine entry style (spaces to separate targets, double quotes to combine multiple words into a single target). This is toggled by option-clicking the magnifying glass to the left of the the FInd Box.
- Added a Select Empty Fields button to the Modify Fields dialog to select all fields that are empty in every record. If desired, these fields can be deleted.
- Email import is now performed in a separate thread, so that other datafiles can be worked with during a long import process.
- Added Edit/Records/Delete All Selected Records menu item. Before deleting all selected records, the pre-deletion datafile is backed up to a Backups folder. The backed up datafile will have the format Datafile Name MM-DD-YY_hh:mm:ss. The backup process can be turned off using the Don't backup datafiles after Delete Selected Records operation checkbox in the Special preference pane.
- Added an Always restore the previous session when iData opens checkbox to the Special preference pane.
- Added a Beep When Find Fails checkbox to the General preference pane.
- Added a Lock Button to the right of the Find Box. This button toggles the locked state of the current record. When the record is locked, the Lock Button icon is a locked padlock. When it is unlocked, it is an unlocked padlock. No text changes can be made to a locked record.
- iData Pro 4 is now recognized as being from an "identified developer".
- Added a Close All Open Datafiles item to the File menu. The hot key for this is command-option-W. This menu item closes only datafiles, not any other windows that may also be open (such as the Multi-File Find panel).
iData Pro 4 can be used on 30 days (over any time period) without a serial number.