Everyday businesses face challenges with application deployments, maintaining business continuity, and providing outstanding application performance. NuoDB leads the industry with a distributed database management system to solve these problems.
NuoDB provides scale-out performance, continuous availability and geo-distributed data management. It's a single, logical database easily deployed in multiple locations simultaneously. This unique capability is unavailable in any other SQL product.
It's a true SQL service with ACID properties and relational logic, offering automatic redundancy, high availability and low latency. It's designed from scratch as a distributed system with no single point of failure to meet the needs of global businesses.
What is new in this release:
Let's take a look at a few top items* to know about in 2.0.4, front and center (*see more depth in the Release Notes for 2.0.4):
- Quality, and lots of it. No, really, there are over 300 product updates.
- We identified a big "gotcha" in the form of an OOM killer and offered a strong warning.
- See our Techblog on Linux Transparent Huge Pages for a solid write-up.
- Lots of SQL fixes and improvements, including a complete rebuild of our SQL name resolution phase
- Significant query optimizer changes that make the generation of query plans substantially more efficient and accurate
- Performance with journaling enabled has been improved across all of our supported platforms.
- The preview Automation Console domain dashboard adds some flexibility and customization.
- Our .NET driver now has support for Entity Framework 6.
- Data loading in the Migrator has been optimized and significantly improved.
- Lots of Explorer enhancements and bug-fixes: including Scalability improvements, DDL script generation, Right-click context menus, and much more.