This plug-in gives FileMaker Pro easy and powerful access to one (or more) of the computer's serial ports and works completely cross platform. The plug-in can read from and write to the serial ports of the computer directly from FileMaker without the need of a separate application.
What is new in this release:
- Tested and made compatible with FileMaker Pro 12, 13 and 14.
- Added support for 64-bit architecture with FileMaker Pro 14: On OS X the 32-bit and 64-bit version is a single universal plug-in and on Windows there are 2 plug-ins: Troi_Serial.fmx (for 32-bit) and Troi_Serial.fmx64 (for 64-bit).
- Improved the example file EasyInstallTroiPlugins.fmp12, to support the 64-bit version of FileMaker Pro 14.
- Fixed a problem in the Simple Serial.fmp12, Weigh.fmp12 and Terminal.fmp12 example files: The close script no longer halts if no Serial Plug-in is found.
- Added new switch -GetRegistrationState to the Serial_Version function: this switch allows you to check if the plug-in is currently registered.
- Updated Version example to show the use of -GetRegistrationState.
- Rewrote the code in several areas and made it more future proof.
- (Mac OS X) Added code signing to the plug-in, also compatible with the new Mavericks version of code signing.
What is new in version 3.2:
Fixes a few small issues and incorporates several smaller improvements.