Fences eliminates desktop clutter with adjustable fenced areas that organizes desktop objects into logical groups for quick access. Over 5 million users around the world rely on Fences every day to keep their PC desktops organized for quick and easy access to their programs and files they use most. The new Fences 3.0 features will now keep frequently used folders visible and organized on the desktop by creating a fence from any folder. Customization options direct Fences to automatically place new icons in designated fenced areas. Additionally, simple double click can hide or unhide all fence groups revealing an unobstructed view of the desktop.
Features: Create shaded areas called "fences" on your desktop in which you can place and organize icons. Folder Portals: View and organize the contents of any folder as a fence on your desktop. Desktop Pages: You can now have multiple pages of "fences" on your desktop. To flip a page, just take your mouse cursor to the edge of your screen and click and drag a new page of "fences" onto your desktop. Double-click blank space on your desktop and all of your icons will fade out. Double-click again and they will return. Define rules for where your icons are placed and how they are arranged. When a new icon gets added, from an installer for instance, it will be automatically added to your preferred "fence". Customize the look and color of your fences.
What is new in this release:
- Windows 10 Support
- Use fences on modern, high DPI monitors.
- Blur the wallpaper behind fences on Windows 10.
- Roll up fences to the Title-bar for cleaner desktops.
- Navigate the folder structure from within the fence.
What is new in version 2.13:
- Updated to support Windows 8.1
- Enhanced the desktop pages feature with a skinnable page indicator
- Option for persistent fences across desktop pages
- Added network drive connection detection
- Assorted improvements and bug fixes