When the first version of IconBox was released 7 years ago, it was the first Icon Organizer for Mac OS X, allowing users to conveniently organize their collection of icons in an iPhoto-like way. With version 2, IconBox has been completely rewritten and features a brand new interface. IconBox 2 is one App featuring 4 modes. Mode 1: Organize We have the same convenient organization features with a couple of additions. The libraries are now called "Boxes". Drag icons from the finder into a box, create as many boxes as you like. Furthermore Boxes can be arranged in folders and subfolders and you can re-drag Boxes and folders to change their order. We also created "Smart Boxes", like iTunes Smart Playlists, these folders are constantly updated based on given criteria. The search feature has been revamped to search for different criteria and the speed has been improved a lot. Besides organizing, you can export icons to different formats like ICNS, png, tiff, jpeg, gif, the iContainer format and last but not least as a convenient .zip package, ready to share with others. Mode 2: Customize With version 2, IconBox features full icon customization. Users can customize their system icons, dock icons, application icons and even their dock in an easy to use drag-and drop way. Mode 3: Tools The Tools section is meant to feature different Icon Tools, serving different purposes. In this new release there is 1 tool available, called "XRay". More tools will be added in future releases. The XRay tool scans your application folder and lists all of the available applications. When clicking an application, you are able to peek inside the contents of an application and filter all the stuff in there by type. (png, tiff, pdf, ins) Furthermore you are able to export selected items or even every item in an application to your disk. Mode 4: Online The Online mode contains 3 features. 1: Icon-Of-The-Day: A new icon from a particular icon designer every day, downloadable directly into IconBox 2, straight into the "Downloaded" Box, ready to share or customize. 2: IconFinder: IconBox 2 implements the powerful iconfinder.com API with which you can search all the icons on iconfinder.com without having to leave the App. Found icons are directly downloadable and also feature a link to the Designers' website. 3: Icon Sites: A convenient list of major icon sites on the web, more sites will be added on the go. Double-Clicking a site opens it up in your default web browser.
What is new in this release:
- Mac OS X 10.6.8 Compatibility.
- Mac OS X 10.7.2 Lion Compatibility.
- Changed the mode switching toolbar to default Mac OS X toolbar buttons.
- It is now possible to import your complete CandyBar collection, leaving the complete structure intact!
- Fixed a crash when entering an empty value in one of the info fields. (Author, URL, etc.)
- Library action button is now always enabled but the menu items within are enabled/disabled as needed.
- Fixed an issue where the pixelslider remained disabled when selecting a box that contained no icons.
- Changed all scrollbars to small semi-transparent ones.
- When the info switch button was disabled, it was still clickable, fixed that.
- Change the size of the "Icon of the Day" to 340x340 pix for display instead of 256x256.
- Fixed an issue where some IconSites thumbnails did not get loaded.
- Fixed an issue where not all images from an IconFinder search were displayed.
- Changed the default iconsize selector in the preference panel to a round textured one.
- Changed the submode indicator views to a gray textured color instead of black and changed all searchfields to the default ones.
- Changed the switch view button to a round textured one.
- The menu items for view as icons/list now show an indicator for which mode is active.
- Changed the "Show Dock Preview" button, it is now a default button with a blue state when selected.
- Changed the look of the iDrop window to have a dotted stroke now.
- Cleaned up the Quick Export View.
- Changed the loading progression of Customize Mode to a regular spinning indicator.
- The size of the customize view is remembered now when switching modes.
- Changed the look of the icon wells in the customize section. (White = Normal Blue = To be Customized Orange = Customized)
- It is now possible to select another storage location for sharing across computers. (eg. DropBox)
- Restyled the IconFinder view, it shows more icon details now, including the tags and available sizes, even the none-default ones.
- Keywords of downloaded IconFinder icons are now automatically filled in.
- Author info now displays as locked if icon info is copyright protected with the addition of an icon and disabled fields.
- The Splitview of the X-Ray browser is no longer completely collapsable.
- To download IconFinder icons, you can now select multiple icons at ones and drag them to the "Download Box" to download them into the App.
- Changed the Apply / Cancel / Restore Icon buttons to match the new interface.
- Fixed a bug where a zip package got created even when the Cancel button was selected.
- Fixed a bug in Preferences where the library got moved even when the Cancel button was selected.
- Creating a Smart Box now instantly shows the predicate editor panel.
- It is now possible to select a group and show all icons within.
- Minor bugfixes.
15-day trial, number of icons limited to 250.