Package Central is a powerful document packaging automation solution for Adobe InDesign, which processes InDesign files from hot folders. Package Central offloads packaging from InDesign to a central system leaving operator stations free from the collecting process. With Package Central, production artists, prepress operators and designers simply submit (or copy) files to hot folders that reside on a network. Package Central automatically collects the files on its station, and will auto-activate fonts as well. Operator workstations will never again be tied up by the packaging process. Package Central performs all its tasks automatically and can run absolutely unattended.
Key features: package InDesign documents automatically from hot folders, free up operators from the packaging process, create PDF and INX/IDML version on the fly, automatic e-mail notifications during processing, automatic font activation, variable folder names, detailed process log.
What is new in this release:
- Fixed errors in some registration related alerts.
- Fixed an error which could happen on attempt to activate a serial number.
What is new in version 1.9.7:
- Fixed an issue in which email and XMP variable settings weren't saved after quitting the app under certain conditions
What is new in version 1.9.6:
- Fixed a registration issue on El Capitan
What is new in version 1.9.5:
- Removed the redundant "Font Activation" feature as InDesign activates collected fonts automatically since version CS5.
- Several UI improvements.
What is new in version 1.9.4:
- Fixed an issue in which a crash could happen on launch on El Capitan.
- Other minor fixes.
What is new in version 1.9.2:
- Fixed an issue in which InDesign CC 2015 installation wasn't recognized under some rare conditions.
What is new in version 1.9.1:
- InDesign CC 2015 support
What is new in version 1.9:
- NEW: New email framework which supports SSL and TLS connection security.
- fixed: Some interface fixes on Yosemite.
What is new in version 1.8.1:
- Fixed an issue in which the error Handling settings weren't honored in v1.8
What is new in version 1.8:
- fixed: Fixed an issue in which an error could occur if a stray folder was placed in a hot folder. Package Central will now place such folders into Errors as expected.
- fixed: Fixed an issue in which the list of missing fonts wasn't included in the error report.
- improved: The app icon was updated for retina displays.
- fixed: Fixed an issue in which a crash could occur when editing email templates.
- updated: The app's processing engine has been upgraded to take advantage of new technologies and make Package Central ready for future system releases. Note: Mac OS X 10.5 isn't supported anymore.
What is new in version 1.7.7:
- Fixed an issue in which the installer of "Submit to Package Central" plug-in couldn't locate installed InDesign versions under certain conditions, which resulted in plug-in not being installed
What is new in version 1.7.6:
- Support for Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite
Adobe InDesign CS3-CC 2014
30-day fully functional trial